• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

yamaha vintage floor speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenwooody

New Member
I have a a pair of vintage Yamaha ns-8383 floor speakers, now I have 2 questions ty. 1, a guy in dallas has these on ebay for 799.99 20% off from 999.999 so is he crazy? 2, my local pawnbroker offered 200.00 ***EDITED***
they are 150-225 watts 8 ohm possible p a speakers?
ne info on these would be great. I got them from a friend after I gave him a nitro 1/8scale hpi savage 21 with a brand new 4.6 bb engine in it.

I had about 300.00 in the rc

***EDITED*** if ne one knows anything that would be awesome ty.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Register to hide this ad
1) $799.99. Yes, they are nuts.
2) $200.00 at pawn. I say take the money and RUN.

I'm not sure I would drag them home for $20.

SO many better speakers that $200 would buy.
 
have you ever heard them?????????? was just wondering if you have ever heard them and that's why your opinion is worth nething or are you just guessing
 
Last edited:
first off, I don't really understand what you wrote in the first post, but I think you are asking about a value for a speaker that you are considering buying...?

this belongs in D&S, and not here.

also, i wouldn't pay $2 for those. Yamaha Kabukis.
 
The one in dallas started on the dallas craigslist for $150 not to long ago and didnt sell quick. $800 is laughable. What I see is that pawnshops refer to ebay for pricing. For vintage stuff, if you want to make money from pawnshops, simply create a few auctions with inflated prices and in most cases the pawnshops will think they are work more than what they are. This works quite often and is a trick to dupe the pawnshops. I have heard those yammys and they look much better than they sound.
 
yamahas

first off they are not kabukis those are ns-9393
also the speakers are Yamaha I just opened them these are earlier than the kabukis bro if your not sure about your facts don't post please ty, im not trying to make money i just want to know if they are worth keeping on to.
because I a shotgun that would break em down enuff to fin in a garbage can ty.
 
Last edited:
Are they NS-9393 or NS-8383? I'm still confused.


you mean these?
these were from a rack system from the early 90s.
unfinished backs, correct?

braucht_arbeit_23.jpg


I know exactly what they are. I'm still not sure what you are asking us. Are you asking us the value? Are you thinking of buying them? Please be clear next time regarding what information you need and I am sure we can post more useful responses. Sorry to play "grammar police" but with 3 posts this seems like phishing to me.

And also, questions about value belong in the "Dollars & Sense" forum, not "Speakers" FYI.
 
Last edited:
first off they are not kabukis those are ns-9393
also the speakers are Yamaha I just opened them these are earlier than the kabukis bro if your not sure about your facts don't post please ty, im not trying to make money i just want to know if they are worth keeping on to.
because I a shotgun that would break em down enuff to fin in a garbage can ty.

english , please.
 
Not good. The cheap plastic trim pieces on the drivers are a dead giveaway. Behind the horn facade, you will most likely find an inexpensive cone driver. Same goes for the dispersion-lens. The drivers will have small magnets, the enclosure will be skimpy in terms of build and insufficiently damped. The crossover will be chintzy. It's hard to believe that a company that built the legendary NS2000 would allow it's name to be attached to a speaker like this. It will make noise and that's about all.
 
first off they are not kabukis those are ns-9393
also the speakers are Yamaha I just opened them these are earlier than the kabukis bro if your not sure about your facts don't post please ty, im not trying to make money i just want to know if they are worth keeping on to.
because I a shotgun that would break em down enuff to fin in a garbage can ty.

Why are you getting offended? First, this should be in Dollars and Sense. Second, if the only deciding factor on keeping them is market value, and not your personal opinion, then there is still much better option for flippability or value retention.
 
ns-8383 I can shoot a pic of thw woofer the magnet is way bigger than most vintage speakers.

that would be helpful. the 8383 used a 12" woofer instead of the 15" in the 9393, and uses one piezo tweeter instead of two. (also, sealy, i believe those were actually piezo tweeters, not small cones. But the midrange should be a cone.)

we sold these at Service Merchandise for like $300/pair.

if you like the way they sound, by all means use them! if you are looking to sell them, then try eBay with a low starting price and hope for the best. they aren't worth more than a few bucks in today's market.

good luck!

med_gallery_11647_293_238026.jpg
 
Last edited:
Per AK Rules, discussions of value must be in the Dollars & Sense Forum. Thread is moved here.

Second, please note that any mention of buying or selling is not permitted.
 
I have a a pair of vintage Yamaha ns-8383 floor speakers, now I have 2 questions ty. 1, a guy in dallas has these on ebay for 799.99 20% off from 999.999 so is he crazy? 2, my local pawnbroker offered 200.00 ***EDITED***
they are 150-225 watts 8 ohm possible p a speakers?
ne info on these would be great. I got them from a friend after I gave him a nitro 1/8scale hpi savage 21 with a brand new 4.6 bb engine in it.

I had about 300.00 in the rc

***EDITED*** if ne one knows anything that would be awesome ty.

Welcome to AK. I see that you're new here, so have a good time with the guys. :thmbsp:

I hate to say it but...........

You ARE in the wrong forum.

All questions of worth belong in the Dollars & Sense forum.

Please read the rules. They will guide you to the posting rules of do's and don'ts here on AK.


Have Fun here. It's a great place to hang out.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
8

8

15" woofers
well guess my pics aren't working ne one know a site to upload a img?
and the speakers are ns-8383 15"woofers
the magnet is about 8" in diameter and 3" thick
 
Last edited:
I'd go ask my buddy for my RC car back.

You were robbed.

I find it best to do the research on value BEFORE I make any deals if I don't know the FMV of an item.

The speakers you have aren't yamaha's best effort and aren't worth more than $25-50 and that's only if you need something you can play loud at parties and don't want to worry about beer spills.

Sorry to disappoint you but you asked.

Also, and I don't mean to insult anyone, but writing in clear complete sentences with correct spelling makes it easier for everyone to understand your point.

Save the shotgun shells.

Give the speakers to a kid in your neighborhood with a cheap receiver so he to can enjoy some rock and roll too.

Enjoy

Eric
 
Also, if the pawn shop offered $200, go RUN back and take their money.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
8

8

15" woofers
well guess my pics aren't working ne one know a site to upload a img?
and the speakers are ns-8383 15"woofers
the magnet is about 8" in diameter and 3" thick

i use flickr

and i guess they are 15s. i remembered them being smaller with slightly different surrounds than the 9393.

either way, i think the consensus is, 1) get the RC car back, or 2) hit up the pawn shop for 200 clams and leave the car running when you do.
 
im not offended I just don't have space for more junk, ok so the speakers say ns-8383 they have 15"woofers and they are the second image posted by baco with one tweeter above the louver horn tweeter. if they aren't worth more than 50.00 im gonna load some shells, and also...thanks to everyone who replied even the trolls
 
im not offended I just don't have space for more junk, ok so the speakers say ns-8383 they have 15"woofers and they are the second image posted by baco with one tweeter above the louver horn tweeter. if they aren't worth more than 50.00 im gonna load some shells, and also...thanks to everyone who replied even the trolls

instead of being destructive, why not give them to some kid in your neighborhood? or donate them?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom