• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamaha YP-211 Tonearm Lift

ethan_tedw

New Member
I recently purchased a Yamaha YP-211 turntable for cheap on Facebook Marketplace. It’s a nice looking, vintage turntable but the rear tonearm holder is broken, which prevents the auto return feature from working.

As soon as I purchased the turntable I took it to a local electronics repair shop that was recommended to me by a local record store. The repairman said he’d take a look at the turntable but that he wouldn’t be able to replace the broken piece I mentioned. I’ve looked online and can’t find the piece either.

I’ve included photos of the broken piece. Does anyone know what that piece is called, or know of a way to rig it to make it work?
 

Attachments

  • DFFD4E56-5885-4A94-9B03-4F3F13D84499.jpeg
    DFFD4E56-5885-4A94-9B03-4F3F13D84499.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 17
  • D527B764-BBD6-4C4A-B24A-8D00066D38E4.jpeg
    D527B764-BBD6-4C4A-B24A-8D00066D38E4.jpeg
    63.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 132FA035-2332-40B1-A6BE-C4C437A3DB9F.jpeg
    132FA035-2332-40B1-A6BE-C4C437A3DB9F.jpeg
    138.3 KB · Views: 16
  • AA8F0F05-CA43-4C73-B976-F6381819FE3C.jpeg
    AA8F0F05-CA43-4C73-B976-F6381819FE3C.jpeg
    140.2 KB · Views: 17
Register to hide this ad
Welcome to A.K.
Yamaha parts lists call it "Elevation" or cueing lever. I think you'll just have to fashion the broken arm unless you can find one. probably made of common ABS plastic.
 
Nice looking deck!

3D print the armrest and epoxy it onto the leftover lift part. Do you have a kid or friend that can draw it in a CAD program? The printing is very cheap from various net providers.

I'd file off the existing "fin" and include it in the printed piece, it'll help with the epoxy.

The entire piece could probably be printed, but the CAD work will have to be perfect.
 
Good Idea.. with pipe you might be able to get it by the foot or a Fitting.. Or ask a local plumber, He'll probably laugh so offer a buck. :D
 
Back
Top Bottom