• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yamana NS-690 how to remove gray dots?

Pleyades

New Member
Hello guys I've just recently got a pair of Yamaha NS-690 and I've started cleaning them, but I noticed some weird gray dots, I tried to clean them with alcohol, vinegar and acetone without success, I've started to think there are some kind of rust but the speaker basket looks like aluminum. how can I remove those weir dots from the speakers?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20210214_194555481_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210214_194555481_HDR.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_20210214_194742890_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20210214_194742890_HDR.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 80
Register to hide this ad
Those gray dots are aluminum oxidation pits.. Note the oxidated fasteners as well. I Had one with the same thing at one time on a NS-1000 tweeter. I very carefully bead blasted it.
 
Last edited:
This tweeter looked similar to yours..


After bead blasting...It looks like this.



upload_2021-2-14_20-42-34.png
 
Those gray dots are aluminum oxidation pits.. Note the oxidated fasteners as well. I Had one with the same thing at one time on a NS-1000 tweeter. I very carefully bead blasted it.
Thank you very much @avionic I've just took apart the whole twitter and the mids carefully yesterday and bring the face plates to a local guy who has a sandblast workshop and the result was very nice!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20210227_181414042.jpg
    IMG_20210227_181414042.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20210227_181628697.jpg
    IMG_20210227_181628697.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_20210227_181738788.jpg
    IMG_20210227_181738788.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 64
Did you get them back together ?
I've been pretty busy these days , but today I've spent some time to get the tweeters and middle ranges back together :rflmao:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20210315_180013650.jpg
    IMG_20210315_180013650.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20210315_180030965.jpg
    IMG_20210315_180030965.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_20210315_180323736.jpg
    IMG_20210315_180323736.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20210315_181438817.jpg
    IMG_20210315_181438817.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20210315_181729305.jpg
    IMG_20210315_181729305.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 41
Back
Top Bottom