Hi,
First post on audiokarma. I have a Yaqin MC-100B that I picked up a couple of months back. I read all the tube recommendations here for this amp, and ended up ordering matched quad Gold Lion KT-88s, matched pair of Gold Lion 12AX7s, and finally a matched quad of Tung-Sol 6SN7GTAs.
'Course now the amp is finally broken in (about 100 hours on the original tubes) and sounds really nice stock.
What I am wondering is that when you try out new tubes like these, after power tube bias adjust, do these new tubes need a lengthy break-in period before judging them? This is only my 2nd tube amp, the first a moscode 300 hybrid, so the tube rolling thing is kinda new to me.
Thanks!
First post on audiokarma. I have a Yaqin MC-100B that I picked up a couple of months back. I read all the tube recommendations here for this amp, and ended up ordering matched quad Gold Lion KT-88s, matched pair of Gold Lion 12AX7s, and finally a matched quad of Tung-Sol 6SN7GTAs.
'Course now the amp is finally broken in (about 100 hours on the original tubes) and sounds really nice stock.
What I am wondering is that when you try out new tubes like these, after power tube bias adjust, do these new tubes need a lengthy break-in period before judging them? This is only my 2nd tube amp, the first a moscode 300 hybrid, so the tube rolling thing is kinda new to me.
Thanks!