• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yaqin vs Ming Da?

agronk

New Member
Hi to everyone
First sorry for my English
this is my first post after reading a lot of them
specially for Yaqin MC-100B and in other side Ming Da or
Meixing MC34-B so which one is better? because I need a tube
amplifier and I`m limited on cash.
maybe my post is to short but main question is the header.
thank`s I hope someone will answer to me.
:thmbsp::thmbsp::thmbsp:
 
Register to hide this ad
I can't answer for the other Chinese brands, but I really like my Yaqin MC-10L. There are a lot of other AK'ers that like theirs also.
 
Welcome To AK !
And your English is very good.
Among my tube gear I have three Yaqin products. A MC-100B Integrated Amp, WK-21000 Hybrid Integrated Amp, and a MS-12B Tube Pre-amplifier + Phono Stage. I have had no problems with any of them.
I think you would be very happy with a Yaqin MC-100B or the MC-10L.

As far as the Ming Da or Meixing, I have no experience with them so I cannot give any advice.
You might do an internet search with Google using a search phrase like, Meixing MC34-B Review, and see what people have to say.
Good Luck
 
I have a Ming Da preamp and it sounds very good. Build quality is equal to my Yaqin, in some ways better. It has point to point wiring for example and the layout is very clean. The chassis construction is identical. Ming Da has been around for a few years. There is a company in NY called
Response Audio that had a presense selling upgaded Ming Da preamps. That's where I got mine. I was well reviewed a few years ago. I think their site still has info on it.

It doesn't sound as good as my ARC SP-8, but it still very clean and warm. It has a personality all it's own, like many tube pres. And it looks great.
 
I did have a Yaqin tube buffer that sounded great especially with upgraded tubes. Long gone now. My current pre is a BEZ Q3b that I'm having trouble finding a manual for. I thought I had one when I brought the pre but can't find it now. I would like to install another stepped pot if possible. May have to do the google thing. Good hunting!
 
You should add Dared to your list of affordable tube amps to consider. They offer a pretty wide selection of amps, preamps, and integrated amps that are all well made with quality parts. I have a VP-300B that is pretty darn nice.
 
Me again

I just received a email from MIngda about int. amp. MC34-B
price including Freight is EUR 468
this is my first tube amp.I really don`t know is this the right one for me or should I look for other amp.from Made in China
I have Electro Voice Status 40 speakers 30-30000 hz 91db sensitivity
and B&W 602 S2 88db sensitivity
I also have Audio Note CDT-zero,DAC-Zero and preamp M-Zero
maybe its best to look for monoblocks but they are to expensive.
any advice will be good to me
thanks
Agron :thmbsp:
 
I just received a email from MIngda about int. amp. MC34-B
price including Freight is EUR 468
this is my first tube amp.I really don`t know is this the right one for me or should I look for other amp.from Made in China
I have Electro Voice Status 40 speakers 30-30000 hz 91db sensitivity
and B&W 602 S2 88db sensitivity
I also have Audio Note CDT-zero,DAC-Zero and preamp M-Zero
maybe its best to look for monoblocks but they are to expensive.
any advice will be good to me
thanks
Agron :thmbsp:

Ive owned Ming Da stuff and was really happy with it, they dont seem to cut corners at all, the point to point wiring is a three dimentional work of art to me!I Also had a Yaqin MC10 and although the price is right I never really was so sure of the build quality? Those circuit boards look like a problem waiting to happen, It did perform quite well though!

If I had to put down the Ming Da stuff I would say its just a little over complicated, i.e sometimes more valves than necessary!
I have now moved on to a British companies products -Icon Audio! They are re-designed Ming Das built to a higher standard by the Chinese company with strict quality controll. allthough more expensive its worth it for a decent product built to British standards. A top quality name in the UK! and they do a true 120volt version to boot!
 
Back
Top Bottom