• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yay, finally attached the TV to my DAC/hifi - here's my setup

TinEaredOne

Active Member
No idea why I didn't do this sooner. I've lived with the speakers on my TV for years. Digital audio through TV speakers is, well, quite disappointing.

Here's what I'm running:
  • Schiit Vali 2 as preamp (also nice that I can now watch TV through headphones)
  • Schiit Modi 2 Uber DAC (hooked up via optical)
  • Rotel RB-1050 amp (I've had it for over 15 years and it was my main system amp - love older Rotel stuff)
  • Jamo C91 ii speakers I just picked up yesterday. They fit in the 270mm tall space I had to put them quite nicely, and provide enough of the sound spectrum for my tastes - bass-heads would probably need a sub.
Just announcing my new membership to the club of people who actually have decent sound running through their television. If you have questions about any of my components, feel free to let me know.

Only odd thing is that the volume presented through my Roku is significantly more than that of TV channels. Weird...

Good morning.
 
Register to hide this ad
OK, switched the preamp to the Schiit SYS. Easier for the family to avoid the "pop" of turning on the tube preamp - which isn't nice for speakers. Don't miss the boost. Background is obviously blacker with passive volume control.
 
Loving this setup. Switched the preamp to the Schiit SYS to keep my family from blowing my speakers turning on the Vali 2.

A few days in, the speakers are really shining with movies as well music streamed through the Roku.
 
That is cool you have a good audio set up for your television now. I have something similar for my wife since tv is not really my thing. I have a Prozor DAC fed by the tv's optical out going into a Onkyo A905TX mini integrated amplifier with Boston CR5 speakers, I also experience the volume imbalance of the Roku being much louder than broadcast tv and the Blu-Ray player. You don't need to spend a bunch to get good sound these days which is nice. Enjoy your new set up.
 
Back
Top Bottom