• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

YES.... tour...!

Benoit David's current band, Mystery, has a new record out, "The World Is A Game". His voice sure sounds fine on it! But Mystery is more like Rush than Yes, IMO.

I also like the recent Glass Hammer record.

IIRC , The World Is A Game was done before he had voice troubles .
 
The way I look at it is this. In 1984, Yes was on the 90125 tour, and a few peeps didn't go to the show because that lineup didn't include Steve Howe (who was in Asia at the time). I went, and I can tell you that it was absolutely phenomenal. As I sit here, 30 years later, I'm sure glad I didn't decide not to go because Steve Howe wasn't there.

Just sayin. I also had people suggest that it was a waste of time to see the Rolling Stones in 1989 on the Steel Wheels tour, since they were "washed up". Ditto AC/DC on The Razor's Edge tour. Both concerts were fabulous.

Bottom line, if you've an incline to go, and have the time and money, I'd do it.

yep.....great points!
Lifes short and one really big part of life I enjoy is music.
We don't do vacations much because we own a bunch of animals that tie us down. So, concerts are one thing that I can fit in, they're affordable and I really enjoy them.

Even the bad parts ......
Last year was a good concert year for us.
I won tickets to see The Marshall Tucker Band...The original lead singer was utterly pathetic, horrendous..
but the rest of the band was AMAZING, and I'll never forget that show.
Johnny and Edgar Winter came to town with Rick Derringer and Kim Simmonds.
Edgar Winter blew my mind he was so talented....(but when he talked to the crowd he reminded me of that dorky voice from bullwinkle). Another amazing show and good memories.
-Tears for Fears - phenomenal
-Backman Turner - Outstanding
-Peter Frampton - fantastic

I'm really looking forward to seeing YES.....Little piece of history for me.
 
Yes

Of course it would better to see Yes with Jon Anderson & Rick Wakeman, but hey, the music will still be great live! You'll be glad you went to the show.
 
Saw them in Baton Rouge, 1980 or so. Rotating stage, was billed as "Yes in the round". Steve Howe had a rack lined up with a long row of guitars, from big to very very small almost miniature. 7th row, one of the best concerts I ever had the pleasure to attend.
 
If you have not seen them before, you need to go see the band!
 
read this review of a 2011 show when they had Benoit David...as Jon's Anderson's replacement-
The writer, being an old fan was very skeptical about seeing Yes without their signature mouth piece.

from his review...

The highlight of this evening's show was Steve Howe and his extraordinary musicianship. He definitely struck a deal with the devil to be able to play like that. Howe played every instrument he was handed extraordinarily. Even his instrument's 'downtime' was impressive. He performed with two at once- two guitars 'layered together,' creating a guitar onslaught that was unbelievable. Unbelievable because I had never witnessed anything like it before- ever.

The best thing that evening happened was when I heard Yes with my ears- not my eyes. 'Heart of the Sunrise' sounded as if someone had turned on the radio and the station was playing Yes. It was then that I briefly forgot about my secret [not anymore] disdain for the replacement singer. 'Seen All Good People' seemed to be a crowd favorite. Then came the seemingly Floydian inspired, 'straight outta the eighties' Yes-sounding new song, 'We Can Fly,' from the latest studio album, Fly From Here. Benoit played the bongos for that one.

The band overshadowed the lead singer, who I sometimes forgot was there, by their unsurpassed mastery of their instruments. It was not that he was bad- this wasn't Canandaigua; it was that they were just that good. Nobody fumbled 'And You and I,' but, after it had ended, it did receive a standing ovation.

I also witnessed that when Steve Howe yells from the stage to do something- you do it. The guitar virtuoso told everyone to 'Get up and dance!' as they tore into 'Owner of a Lonely Heart-' and the majority of the crowd did exactly as they were told. 'Starship Trooper' came in for a landing as it closed down the show for the evening. The crowd called out for more, actually chanting 'No- don't go' The encore was a masterful rendition of 'Roundabout.'

Yes, Benoit, speak to me of summer- now I'll actually listen.


http://www.examiner.com/review/yessongs-yes-concert-review-progressive-tour-2011




IMG_0077_3.jpg
 
Last edited:
The way I look at it is this. In 1984, Yes was on the 90125 tour, and a few peeps didn't go to the show because that lineup didn't include Steve Howe (who was in Asia at the time). I went, and I can tell you that it was absolutely phenomenal. As I sit here, 30 years later, I'm sure glad I didn't decide not to go because Steve Howe wasn't there.

Just sayin. I also had people suggest that it was a waste of time to see the Rolling Stones in 1989 on the Steel Wheels tour, since they were "washed up". Ditto AC/DC on The Razor's Edge tour. Both concerts were fabulous.

Bottom line, if you've an incline to go, and have the time and money, I'd do it.

I went to that show (90125) and was pleasantly surprised. Saw Asia on their first tour and Howe stole the show. Saw him with GTR after that and again Steve was just awesome. He is reason enough to go see this lineup if you have never seen a guitarist of that magnitude. Saw him last about 10 years ago when the original Yes late 70's line-up was touring and doing their classic material. They were just as good as they were, no kidding, as when I saw them on the Tormato tour... just no round revolving stage and glittery clothes, well except for Wakeman.
 
Aww man, I didn't see Phoenix on the list! I may have to come out and join you for the show! The Doobie Bros. came to town last year and we went, that was sure a good show. At any rate, any pics of the 2265 innards yet?
 
Aww man, I didn't see Phoenix on the list! I may have to come out and join you for the show! The Doobie Bros. came to town last year and we went, that was sure a good show. At any rate, any pics of the 2265 innards yet?
No pics yet...I was just thinking about that today...!
I'll do that this weekend and send you a pm with the pics!
 
Yes is coming to KC pretty soon. I'm 25 and I just go into Yes (and prog in general). I love Close to the Edge. I've been playing it over and over.

Is Davison up to the task of replicating Anderson's amazing vocal style?

Is this show worth dropping the $125 for two tickets? I'm dragging my girlfriend along lol.
 
Back
Top Bottom