• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Yet another Zero Tracking error pivoted arm.

niklasthedol

Super Member
Banned
Thales made yet another of the very high end pivoted tonearms with zero tracking error.

Thales Simplicity.

highend2010_thales_simplicity_web.jpg


p544873497-4.jpg



With tools to ensure cartridge is fitted the correct way:

thales-simplicity-002.jpg


Their original arm looks like this:

1.jpg


5.gif


"dolph"
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
The final design looks like a copy of the Gerard Zero 100 although probably better executed. I like the setup they made to make sure the cartridge is aligned properly.
 
Oh that's right, I did know about the zero. I have to think it works better than that. The Thorens, on the other hand, I have never seen.
 
I don't believe that's a Thorens design....it's someone else's, but they were really highly regarded back in the day. Just can't remember who it is....
 
That Thales looks like a modern copy of the B-J arm from 1953.

I believe the first Zero Tracking error tonearm was the 1936 Capehart Tru-Tangent.
 
I don't believe that's a Thorens design....it's someone else's, but they were really highly regarded back in the day. Just can't remember who it is....

I thought the same thing when I first saw it a couple years ago, David. But the color of the headshell, along with its other parts, seem to match the table it is mounted on. Which I believe is a Thorens TD-124. This is what leads me to believe that Thorens had a hand in its design/production or both. At this point I really don't know. But if you do ever stumble across the manufacturer of the TA please let us know.
 
Interesting thread and moderator note: no more thread crapping - if all you have to post is snide comments about how much something costs, take it to another forum.
 
Totally unrelated, but I'm actually listening to my Garrard Zero-100 right now. This may not be the cream of the crop, but they don't suck either. I've paid more for worse results.
 
Yes, B-J's English design influenced the Garrard Zero arm. If this had been executed with today's advanced materials, you would have a major contender in tonearms.
 
Back
Top Bottom