• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Your expert help is requested: Please help me identify these woofers:

knujunction

New Member
Recently, I bought some JBL L19 speakers, which needed refoaming. I did that, and they work well and sound great. The seller also threw in some JBL woofers that he said he thought came from JBL L60 speakers. Those needed refoaming too, I did those as well (they are the same size as the L19 woofers, and the same kit from Rick Cobb worked), and they sound fine, at least as fine as they can sound outside of a proper cabinet, I suppose. The edge of the frame is slightly different from the L19 woofer, so it does not fit down in and seat properly in the L19 cabinet.

There are no visible identifying marks on the back, so I submit these pictures for your confirmation, comments, input. The faded print that is legible seems to say 102985, perhaps that means a manufacture date of October 29, 1985, I don't know. I have both woofers pictured, but only the one has anything remotely visible written on it.

So, what do you think?
 

Attachments

  • 2013-02-03_10-36-36_558.jpg
    2013-02-03_10-36-36_558.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 44
  • 2013-02-03_10-35-32_928.jpg
    2013-02-03_10-35-32_928.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 20
  • 2013-02-03_10-35-17_388.jpg
    2013-02-03_10-35-17_388.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 2013-02-03_10-35-03_426.jpg
    2013-02-03_10-35-03_426.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 29
Register to hide this ad
Look like typical cast frame JBL, L8's I believe. Good quality- you can use them to make some very nice speakers......
DC
 
They look pretty much like what he said they were: 116H-1 from an L60T. As 8-inch woofers go, they're not bad.

DSC07690_600h1.jpg
 
Back
Top Bottom