• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Your Favorite DUAL 'Belt-Drive' Turntable

Well, the service manual for the 1245 definitely shows the strobe light at several spots (pic, explosion drawing, parts list), so a 1245 without strobe light would seem pretty unusual. There definitely were several models, that sported a platter with strobe marks, but didn't sport a strobe light, though - including for example the 505, 505-1 and 505-2.

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini
I take that back, upon closer examination, there does appear to be a strobe light in the ebay listing, it was just obscured by the shadow of the platter and not illuminated.
 
I take that back, upon closer examination, there does appear to be a strobe light in the ebay listing, it was just obscured by the shadow of the platter and not illuminated.
Mine has a strobe light and slots cut into the platter to indicate speed. I think it a very efficient design.
 
I had a 510 for about three years back in the day that gave me absolutely no problems and provided many hours of satisfactory performance. I ended up sending it and all of my other gear to my brother-in-law when I was forced to downsize after graduating from college. Very nice deck for the time, in my opinion.
 
I rescued the 502 my sister owned from new. She wanted to get rid of the old stuff, thank heavens I was around at that time. Fun fact: The Rotel RX-303 receiver I also took and recapped just for the fun of it now is connected to her tv. Her much more modern system blew ...

I like the 502. It is clean and simple. Thankfully the tonearm bearing housing is not broken.
 
Back
Top Bottom