• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Your Favorite Spoken Word Intros to Songs...

There must be a ton of Beatles ones, but strangely I can't think of any. :scratch2:

before 'Two of Us'

"'I Dig a Pygmy' by Charles Hortrey and the Deaf Aids; Phase One, in which Doris gets her oats..."



as Homer Simpson said, 'I have no idea what it means, but it's brilliant!'
 
This will come from far-right field, and I doubt many will appreciate it, but...


"HELLO DARLIN' "

("...nice to see ya, it's been - a - looooong time!")

Written and recorded by Conway Twitty.
 
This will come from far-right field, and I doubt many will appreciate it, but...


"HELLO DARLIN' "

("...nice to see ya, it's been - a - looooong time!")

Written and recorded by Conway Twitty.

The look on his face in this pic is creepily priceless:

twitty.jpg
 
And another...

'Only the strong survive' recorded by Elvis Presley:
Its a goofy song mostly because of the intro! but i still like it.

"I remember my first love affair
Somehow or another the whole darn thing went wrong
My mamma had some great advice
So I thought Id put it into words of this song
I can still hear her sayin it"
 
Grace Slick at Woodstock:

"Alright friends you have seen the heavy groups; now you will see morning maniac music, believe me, yeah. It's a new dawn...Good morning people!"

or pretty close...
 
Audience member: Judas!

Dylan (to audience member): I don't believe you. You're a LIAR. (To band: ) Play it f#ckin' loud.

-Dylan's legendary remarks to an audience member (or, rather, entire audience) who'd felt he sold out by plugging in his guitar, before a blazing rendition of Like a Rolling Stone at London's Royal Albert Hall.

Good video of it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqUFHEyu5hM
 
Last edited:
Speaking of Woodstock...

Jimi Hendrix. "I see we meet again"
Alvin Lee. "I'm goin' home... By helicopter"
Arlo Guthrie. "The New York State thruway is closed, man!"
John Sebastion. (A rambling intro)
Joe Cocker. ...It's called "With a little help from me friends"
 
Long John Baldry's intro to "Don't Try To Lay No Lay No Boogie Woogie On The King O Rock And Roll"
:

that intro is titled 'conditional discharge' on the 'it aint easy' album. (cd):music:

my favorite is the entire poem, 'late lament';

'...cold hearted orb that rules night...',

from 'days of future passed' album by the moody blues.
 
Steve Mariott's intro to "I don't need no doctor" from Live at the Filmore.

"We, uh, we go home on Monday. But, I wanna tell ya, we've all had a gas this time, it's really been a gas!"
 
Gimme an F!

F!
Gimme an I!

I!
Gimme an S!

S!
Gimme an H!

H!
What's that spell ?

FISH!
What's that spell ?

FISH!
What's that spell ?

FISH!


The Fish Cheer - I-Feel-Like-I'm-Fixin'-To-Die Rag

Country Joe & The Fish
 
How about the Intro to "Stonehenge" by Spinal Tap.
Gotta love it.

Oh, man, I love that. I've always thought a lot of that '70s spoken word before song stuff like that was really cheesy, and it was good to see it made fun of.
 
Aside from the 'funny' aspect, I really like the MUSIC on "The return of Spinal Tap" - I usually play my LD with the TV set off, just to enjoy the music.
(Should I just dub it to CD one day?)
 
Back
Top Bottom