• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Your Speaker Bucket List

Totem Mani-2
DeVore Orangutan
Audio Note AN/J or E
Big Altec or JBL (though I don't know where I'd put them)
 
Having heard a good number of the listed speakers (of the ones I wanted to hear), my list would include some of the high dollar smaller speakers on the market today. I heard a pair of bookshelf Dynaudios that sold for what 7 grand and other than needing a sub sounded very nice. I'd like to heard what 30-40 years of technological development has done to the abilities of new speakers.

Of course, I would like to hear a few of the ones I heard long ago. Quads come to mind.
 
Last edited:
Pioneer DSS-9
Pioneer HPM-150
Yamaha NS 1000
Dahlquist DQ10
Klipschorn
Altec Model 19
DCM TF-1000 or TF-2000
 
I'm still pretty new to this hobby, so I'm, sure this will change as I get to hear more speakers, but right now it's the Altec A7. Good god, I love those things. I've never even heard them...they just elicit this visceral reaction in me. Like a rumble deep down.
I'm a lucky man in that my wife also loves the look of them, so if I ever stumble into a pair she's on my side. We go yard-saling every Saturday and her joke is always "this one is gonna have your VOTT's, honey". What a woman!
 
you noticed the trend? ;)

maybe some of the monkey coffin ohms, KLH5's, and one of the original ohm walsh models.....

I'm with you too, but I would also love to try the TOTL ADS (I have the little ADS L400 and love em)

I'd also love to try some of the classic JBL 4*** series too.
 
Klipschorns
Cornscalas
B & W 801's
Polk SDA SRS
Theil CS 3.7
Norman Lab Model 9
Totem Rainmakers
and many more that I cannot think of at the moment.
 
I am sure there are more, but what I know today and in no particular order:

Quad ESL
Beveridge Model 2
Rogers LS3/5a
Magico Mini II
Infinity IRS-V
Wilson Audio Tiny Tot (WATT)
B&W 801
MBL 101e
 
I sooooo want a pair of Yamaha NS 1000's I swear Im being responsible and looking the other way as I dont have a wife to act as a gate keeper, its up to me.:scratch2::scratch2::scratch2:
 
Back
Top Bottom