• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Your stereo could be easily stolen - check this out

Locks are for honest people. There are some things in this house that would be hard to steal, but only because they are too big.

Consider another thing, we lock our doors but have glass panels all around our homes. Ever see what a spring loaded center punch does to glass? Makes it a door PDQ just in case you were curious.


As for the rest of it, I can't get into this within the rules of the forum but look into NJ handgun ownership rules and you can take a guess as to why I do not own one. Not that I couldn't, I just refuse to deal with the process because I disagree with it.
 
Predicting crime is a lot like predicting where lightening is going to strike next. Preventing it is about as easy.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
About $20/month for the service that calls the police or fire department if I do not respond in a timely manner. They ask for a password and if you have a gun to your head you can give them a different password and they will respond appropriately..

Hmm...how are you going to give anyone a PW with a gun to your head? Gonna ask the bad guy if you can answer if someone calls/knocks?

:deal:
 
AudioGeek - the alarm company calls me first when the alarms are going off like crazy to ask is everything is ok and ask for a password. If the guy with the gun says don't answer, and I don't answer the phone, then the alarm company calls the police.

For fire alarms they do not call me and they immediately call the fire department. They are here in minutes. When I forgot to open the flue on my fireplace and the alarms went off, they were here in minutes.

In my city the fire and police department have a very good response time.
 
Locks are for honest people.

Exactly...about any locked door will stop 90% of thieves who are more the lazy opportunistic type...for that other 5-10% tho...what locks you have and how good or bad they are means squat,they're not even gonna bother with them..the lock,even a cheap one,is the strongest part of the door...they'll just kick the door in or come with tools to force it.

having had to break in to my own home after locking ourselves out was pretty illustrative of the far greater importance of the hardware over the lock itself...i splintered the door frame and was in with one good kick.the screws that normally hold the latch plate in most residential installs are only about 1" long ,that and a bit of wood is often really all you have to get through....for a grown man,its nothing
 
AudioGeek - the alarm company calls me first when the alarms are going off like crazy to ask is everything is ok and ask for a password. If the guy with the gun says don't answer, and I don't answer the phone, then the alarm company calls the police.

Ah ok, just wondered.
 
Back
Top Bottom