• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Your Unusual look surround speakers ?and unique Horns

ultumax

Super Member
4684B123-78E8-4401-A222-16D7DC2563F6.jpeg 90B67D3D-4F7B-429E-8385-A6214E6A1EAC.jpeg A thread for uniqueness of surround speakers .
Looks like side firing horns or something!:king:!!
Totally irregular speaker , but lacking ports or passive radiators .
Surround speakers surf:beerchug:What's your most unusual speaker ?
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
These are what I use for surround speakers (Acoustat Model 1, not my picture). They are augmented with an Acoustat SPW-1 woofer cabinet.


I use Magneplanar 1.7's with dual TL subs for the front speakers. Acoustat Spectra 22's are my preferred speakers. They are currently sidelined while I hunt up a transformer for one of them.
 
I have Swan R3’s for my surrounds it’s a dipole configuration utilizing two 6.5in woofers, two 1in tweeters and they’re heavy for surround speakers. Home theater doesn’t get much use these days but it’s still there for the occasional movies with the family.

996390D5-D01A-4562-A9DF-D9E10CF5523C.jpeg 95EF5A03-1BA7-496C-A68D-E41165401D02.jpeg

Audiofreak71
 
I've used Emotiva ERD-1 surrounds for about 10 years, no plans on changing them. They are a dipole/bipole, user's choice via switches. I use them in dipole mode which defuses the sound so no direct sound hits me. One is about 5' - the other 9' from my ears. Mono-poles would be very directional at 5'. I cross them in the Yamaha 2070 AVR at 90hz.



ERD-1.jpeg


ERD-1-Back-Side.jpeg
 
The choice of surround speakers depends on which version Dolby or other formats you are using. I just use conventional 3 way point source speakers for the rears and sides. The side speakers I change their orientation depending on the sound I want. Sometimes I point them up, or directly at me or way off axis.
 
The choice of surround speakers depends on which version Dolby or other formats you are using. I just use conventional 3 way point source speakers for the rears and sides. The side speakers I change their orientation depending on the sound I want. Sometimes I point them up, or directly at me or way off axis.
I was using bookshelves I switched because it felt too directional , my side surrounds are pioneer Andrew jones floorstanders . These take up less wall space too ok my shelf.
I nearly bought these https://www.energy-speakers.com/home-theater-systems/?sku=CF-70-5-1
But I got klipsch instead, I miss those unusual energy woofers with tweeter looking thing in the middle .
Wish Ida kept them. And had both types of klipsch, energy etc,
1111energy.promo_.jpg

Don't know if il ever re buy these , what are those full Rangers ?....so odd looking :eek::lurk:
 
I have NHT SuperOne’s for my surrounds and SuperTwo’s up front, SuperCenter & SubOne in the living room 5.1 system.
 
Back
Top Bottom