The Lind should be a 960 series from 1967 and imo is one of the best consoles ever made (and I have owned/heard many including the top of the line fishers & scotts).
The 960 series was made from 1966 thru about 1972, the '66-69 had pushbutton controls, the '70-'72 had touch controls
but the insides were basicly the same.
I am a tube guy but this transistor console
is amazing (I have found that the best sounding consoles are from the transistor
era, '66-'69 because of the use of air suspension or bass reflex speakers instead
of the open backs of most all tube units)
The 360watt amp is actually 75watt perchannel The Zenith made changer is belt driven and free of noise and rumble. The speakers are 15" Jensen Flex-air, Jensen midrange horns and cone tweeters in a sealed
enclosure. some had the extra cost reel-to reel, 8 track or cassette.
The earlier (up to'69) versions of the amp
used a different pre-driver tranistor that
had a slight metalic edge to the lower treble.
The later versions used an updated pre-driver
that eliminated this but made the midrange
less natural. These transistors are interchangeable.
When i got mine several years ago, everything
worked, but it sounded dreadful, not at all like i remembered. recapping the amp, preamp and speaker crossover networks brought the magic back. The belt driven
changer just needed cleaning &lube (but beware, this changer can be difficult to adjust
if out of whack). If you are lucky the original
Zenith ceramic 2 gram cartridge will be ok
and just need a new stylus. Mine was bad
and I found that all of the aftermarket replacements from Astatic, Recoton etc.
were terrible (I have some reel tapes recorded off a good original from 1969 so
I know what it is supposed to sound like).
I finally located a nib Zenith branded original
and it was much better but still not up to snuff due to age deterioation I suppose.
I finally modified it to use a Modern Ortofon
OM series cartridge, this is about the only magnetic cartridge that will fit in the small
headshell and it tracks beautifully at 1.5 grams.
But I mostly use this console for CD or Fm
listening, saves wear on my tube systems.
No, it is not as good as one of my tube systems driving Dahlquist, magnepan, Quad ESl, Thiel or Altecs but it is much closer than
you would think and perfect for all day background listening to CDs or FM.
It is superior to the top of the line Fisher
President I had, it really sounds excellent
and can rock the house if you engage the "extended bass" button.
Another tip is to add a set of extension
speakers above it to expand the sound.
I wouldn't trade mine for anything.