• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Zenith Y960 speaker issues

Wicked65

New Member
Hi all, I recently acquired a Zenith Y960 from my mother and have found some issues. I plugged it in and I hear very loud static from the right speaker and silence from the left. Neither of which sounds good to me. The unit has been sitting for some time and hasn’t been used for who knows how long. Thoughts, suggestions on what I should do to try and diagnose the problem? I am new to this so any guidance would be helpful.
 
Register to hide this ad
Its possible that some of the controls have oxidized and are causing problems. You might try rotating all the control knobs multiple times to try and clear the contacts off. (with the power off)

Deoxit is something you may want to look into also, theres good info here - https://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/the-idiots-guide-to-using-deoxit-revisited.207005/

There may be more to your situation, but that is a starting point.

Thats a very nice looking console! Good luck getting it back operating
 
Back
Top Bottom