• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Zoom H2 Digital Recorder

tony3d

Active Member
Received a new Zoom H2 Digital Recorder for Christmas. This thing is incredible! Lightweight, compact, and easy to use, the sound quality is first rate! Packed with more features than I'll ever use, I see my Nakamichi tape deck collecting dust soon.
 
Register to hide this ad
Received a new Zoom H2 Digital Recorder for Christmas. This thing is incredible! Lightweight, compact, and easy to use, the sound quality is first rate! Packed with more features than I'll ever use, I see my Nakamichi tape deck collecting dust soon.

Hi Tony, I was also looking at the H2 and the H4 recorders. Could you give a more in depth critique of the H2 as to what record rate, sound quality, Length of recording at highest quality level etc?

For the longest time I was looking for what I called a solid state tape deck or a hard disk tape recorder. I did not want a CD recorder with hard drive but thats all I could find.

The closest I found was a Korg 8 channel mini mixer with a small hard drive but alas no love for it.

Regards, Marcus
 
Hi Tony, I was also looking at the H2 and the H4 recorders. Could you give a more in depth critique of the H2 as to what record rate, sound quality, Length of recording at highest quality level etc?

For the longest time I was looking for what I called a solid state tape deck or a hard disk tape recorder. I did not want a CD recorder with hard drive but thats all I could find.

The closest I found was a Korg 8 channel mini mixer with a small hard drive but alas no love for it.

Regards, Marcus

I'd say it's about 35% bigger than a pack of cigarettes. It weights 4 oz. The sound is superb. You can record direct off any audio device, it has built in adjustable limiters, compressors, and will even convert a wav file to an mp3. You can divide files. It can also normalize a file. It has a complete operating system, so you can rename, delete, or get info on any file. It can record for over to a 4 gig card for over 6 hours at 44.1/ 16 bit. The options are 44.1 /16, 44.1/24, 48/ 16, 48/24,96/16, 96/24, plus mp3 up to 320. All this and more for $199.99. It just blows me away. I remember when you could spend 10 times that much , and not record nearly as well. Where is this all going?
 
i got a zoom dv179 recorder for christmas. Decent little camera with a lot of options, its compact, light weight, Comes with a lithium ion rechargeable battery that i have not had to charge yet. Seems to work extremely well, in a well lit environment. Has trouble with low light though. Pretty good little device.
 
Back
Top Bottom