• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Zu Audio Omen Dirty Weekends

Anymore word or feedback on these DW's? I spoke to Garrett a couple of days ago about placing an order for a pair of electric blue ones. Am almost ready to pull the trigger. As you can see from my picture, I am a previous Tekton Pendragon owner and miss those speakers severely. One of the best speakers I have ever owned. So looking for something almost as special.
 
So I took the plunge and ordered a pair in electric blue over a week ago! Anxiously awaiting delivery. I have heard ZU speakers multiple times at RMAF and have always been impressed. Looking forward to having a pair in my own room! Question for owners of these speakers. Are they also good in a multichannel home theater system? That is what I will be putting them in. A 7.2.2 Dolby Atmos dedicated theater. But obviously my main concern is 2 channel music. I figure if they are exceptional on 2 channel music, they will do just fine in a theater application. I plan on getting the Omen center in the near future.
 
I think you'll like them.

View attachment 1110164

I think I will too. Can't wait till the entire system and room is complete! Will take pictures in progress and after completion. I am even painting the wall behind my couch electric blue to match the speakers! This has been the room I have wanted my entire life and it's coming to fruition!

Projector-check
Left and right speakers-on the way
DAC-check
CD player-check
Surround speakers-check All from HTD
Center speaker-soon, if I am happy with the DW's, will get the Omen center.
Screen-soon, 92inch
Vista Spark Integrated amps x 2-soon
Marantz AVR-soon
Gaming console-soon
 
So... I talked to Gerrit yesterday, he answered all of my questions, and I ended up ordering a pair of DWs in Natural Cherry. Now comes the wait - they should ship out St. Patrick's Day or a little after.
 
So... I talked to Gerrit yesterday, he answered all of my questions, and I ended up ordering a pair of DWs in Natural Cherry. Now comes the wait - they should ship out St. Patrick's Day or a little after.

Very cool! Gerrit is awesome. I got my order in while they still had a few cabinets made so mine are actually supposed to be almost finished. Hoping top have them by next week.
 
I took the plunge.... called and talked to Sean today.. Super cool guy, and never felt like he wanted to get off the phone. Ordered mine today and supposed to ship in 2 weeks. Haven't been this excited about a new pair of speakers in a while :banana:

I just took the standard Black Hickory, but upgraded to the ClarityCaps...
 
I took the plunge.... called and talked to Sean today.. Super cool guy, and never felt like he wanted to get off the phone. Ordered mine today and supposed to ship in 2 weeks. Haven't been this excited about a new pair of speakers in a while :banana:

I just took the standard Black Hickory, but upgraded to the ClarityCaps...

That's awesome! Congrats! I have never got a chance to talk to the man himself so that is way cool! Yeah, I was so excited about my new speakers, I called to check on them a couple of times. Okay maybe 3-4 times. Hopefully Gerrit didn't gt annoyed with me. LOL.

I have mine. They came in Tuesday night. I plan on getting them all hooked up and running by tomorrow morning. Going to post some pictures and first impressions by Sunday. Stay tuned! Pun intended.
 
I took the plunge.... called and talked to Sean today.. Super cool guy, and never felt like he wanted to get off the phone. Ordered mine today and supposed to ship in 2 weeks. Haven't been this excited about a new pair of speakers in a while :banana:

I just took the standard Black Hickory, but upgraded to the ClarityCaps...


Oh, one last question, I though about doing the clarity cap upgrade. What exactly does that do to the speaker?
 
It gives the caps some clarity ... LOL... couldn't resist that one!!!

Actually the Clarity Caps do sound quite good. Whether its a noticeable difference without hearing the two versions side by side is another matter, but the Clarity Cap upgrade will have a positive effect on overall smoothness in the high end. If I recall these only use a cap on the tweeter, so it will only effect the highs.
 
Well there are about to be a lot more AudioKarma ZU family members here. Other than myself, I know of 3 more AK members that have ordered the DW's recently. Looking forward to everyone's impressions.
 
I pulled the trigger. We'll see. My Yamaha 690s have sounded better to me than other speakers I've tried - Tekton M-Lores and Dali Zensors - so a little wary of what the Zu DWs can do. But I will add my voice to the praises for the company's customer service. These guys are just plain nice. And the 60-day return policy is very generous.
 
I pulled the trigger. We'll see. My Yamaha 690s have sounded better to me than other speakers I've tried - Tekton M-Lores and Dali Zensors - so a little wary of what the Zu DWs can do. But I will add my voice to the praises for the company's customer service. These guys are just plain nice. And the 60-day return policy is very generous.

Yep. Exactly. They make it really hard NOT to try them out. I’ve read just about every review etc I can find online and all descriptions make it sound like something I’ll really enjoy. Can’t wait till they arrive!
 
Last edited:
I pulled the trigger. We'll see. My Yamaha 690s have sounded better to me than other speakers I've tried - Tekton M-Lores and Dali Zensors - so a little wary of what the Zu DWs can do. But I will add my voice to the praises for the company's customer service. These guys are just plain nice. And the 60-day return policy is very generous.

Well not familiar with your Yamaha 690's but I am very familiar with the Tekton M-lores as I used to own a pair. And just from a couple of listening sessions with the Dirty Weekends, it is no competition. The DW's best them in every way possible. I am really enjoying them. Just finished watching three Billboards Outside Ebbing Missouri on them in simple 2 channel, and they were wonderful. Even with me sitting off to the right of the couch, closer to the right speaker, the dialogue was in the center of my plasma hanging on the wall and was crystal clear. Just thought I would watch an Academy award nominated movie before the awards later. Great movie by the way.
 
Yep. Exactly. They make it really hard NOT to try them out. I’ve read just about every review etc I can find online and all description make it sound like something I’ll really enjoy. Can’t wait till they arrive!

You nailed it. Sound like something you will really enjoy is spot on. I am REALLY enjoying these.
 
More pictures.
 

Attachments

  • 20180227_182944.jpg
    20180227_182944.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 127
  • 20180227_183057.jpg
    20180227_183057.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 20180227_183317.jpg
    20180227_183317.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 131
  • 20180304_151151.jpg
    20180304_151151.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 121
  • 20180304_151203.jpg
    20180304_151203.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 123
  • 20180227_184616.jpg
    20180227_184616.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 121
  • 20180304_110710.jpg
    20180304_110710.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 125
Back
Top Bottom