• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Zu

Status
Not open for further replies.

BHamm

The pendulum swings.
Does anybody here use Zu speakers?

I don't see many posts talking about Zu users.

I ask because I am interested in the latest offering by Zu; the Omen.

From what I can tell Zu has made changes learned from the Druid.

For the introductory price, it may be the right time to give them a try.

There is a 60 day money back return, although I would have to eat the shipping (180.00).

What are your opinions?

BHamm
 

Attachments

  • Omen_4c8c21c746eda.jpg
    Omen_4c8c21c746eda.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 155
  • ad1.jpg
    ad1.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Does anybody here use Zu speakers?

I don't see many posts talking about Zu users.

I ask because I am interested in the latest offering by Zu; the Omen.

From what I can tell Zu has made changes learned from the Druid.

For the introductory price, it may be the right time to give them a try.

There is a 60 day money back return, although I would have to eat the shipping (180.00).

What are your opinions?

BHamm

Based on what I've heard before, I wouldn't risk the $180. Let your neighbor risk his money, then you can listen to his speakers to determine if their "unique" sound is your cup of tea.

Best Regards,
TerryO
 
Based on what I've heard before, I wouldn't risk the $180. Let your neighbor risk his money, then you can listen to his speakers to determine if their "unique" sound is your cup of tea.

Best Regards,
TerryO

A good idea only my neighbors listen to boxed 5.1 surround from Frys. I'm on my own here!
 
I can only comment on the first generation Druids, which I heard many years ago.
I don't think I've ever left a listening room as fast before or since. They definatley weren't my cup of Tetleys. :no:
 
I can only comment on the first generation Druids, which I heard many years ago.
I don't think I've ever left a listening room as fast before or since. They definatley weren't my cup of Tetleys. :no:

Noted Celt.

And that's a fine looking lab dog!

BHamm
 
Speakers that need a certain type of music to work well .. :no:

I hope they sell them somewhere in NL, so I can audition them and form an opinion (Also ead some strange things about Gallo acoustics stuff as well, those are also in the 'same' list.).
 
One of the local guys in the SMAC just bought there top of the line. I can't remember the model number but then are MTM with 4 subwoofers installed in the back. I thought they sounded amazing. I was truely impressed.
 
One of the local guys in the SMAC just bought there top of the line. I can't remember the model number but then are MTM with 4 subwoofers installed in the back. I thought they sounded amazing. I was truely impressed.

Maybe the "Definition." Way up the food chain though.

If looks and build quality have anything to do with them they should sound great.
 
It's amazing how polarizing these speakers are; people seem to either love them or hate them, very rarely do you hear a neutral opinion. Proves to me how important auditioning is and how different people's tastes can be in audio.

My opinion; really don't like the ones I've heard in show conditions, 3 occasions with differing rooms, systems and program material. As to system quality and music, I'd like to think that since I heard them in conditions where someone was trying to sell them, that they got a fair shot with regards to set-up, system matching and source material.

Not for me but your mileage certainly may vary.
 
Because they're a bunch of screwballs.

Zu is noted among the horny community for their...umm....let's say "optimistic" claims about their speakers objective performence.

Reviews are one of the hardest tools to use when deciding to buy into a component. I never know if there's some underlying alliance between reviewer and product. Stereophile and 6moons both gave the Essence, the Druid replacement, a good review.
 
Stereophile and 6moons both gave the Essence, the Druid replacement, a good review.


Stereophile too? Then it must be a lousy product; that magazine hasn't shared my taste since Holt was the writer, owner, editor (and also swept out the place).

Sound Practices was a magazine I shared interests and tastes with; they didn't do so well. Joe Roberts still has some of my dough.
 
Stereophile too? Then it must be a lousy product; that magazine hasn't shared my taste since Holt was the writer, owner, editor (and also swept out the place).

Sound Practices was a magazine I shared interests and tastes with; they didn't do so well. Joe Roberts still has some of my dough.

Yup and yup. I loved Sound Practices, but don't have any warm-fuzzies for $tereopile.

For what it's worth, the Druid's I heard (again, first generation versions) had little (if any) bass extention,
an annoying shouty midrange plus an unpleasant tilt on the top end.
 
For what it's worth, the Druid's I heard (again, first generation versions) had little (if any) bass extention,
an annoying shouty midrange plus an unpleasant tilt on the top end.

But other than that they sounded really good.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom