cerwin vega 2000-15?

drswize

I have a older pair of cerwin vega #2000-15 speakers and i am looking for any information on them I can find. they each have 6 mid range 1 tweeter and 1 15in woofer. Any help would be appreciated.

anymore info than that?? couldnt find anything.. usually cv has two letters to start off the model no. do those?? any more can help

whoo-hoo!!!!!!
finally found someone with the same speakers i have :banana:

i wish i could say that i have info for you but i haven't really found much either. i'm not sure if what i know about them is worth much. i only know what i read on various sites and what the guy i got them from told me. i've owned them for awhile now and think they sound great.
i read that someone had these as their front speakers and cv2000-10's as rears... i can only imagine :rockon:

Very old thread....I know. I picked up a pair of these impressive looking speakers today from the original owner. I will try to post some pictures here or start a new thread later. Beautiful walnut veneered cabinets, slender build unlike most CV speakers, and MIRROR imaged layout on the drivers. They are 51"(h) X 24"(w) X 13" at the bottom tapering up to 8" depth at the top. Very attractive. When I get them out of the back of the truck, I'll snap some pics. All they'll need is some Watco walnut oil on them and they will be good to go. Well, except for needing new surrounds. The owner bought them when he lived in CA about 20 years ago and to his (and my) knowledge, this "series" of CV speakers wasn't in the lineup for long or was limited edition. The model is indeed a "2000-15" with no letters anywhere.

I'm going to be anxious to get these things playing because they are unlike any CV speakers I've ever sold or heard. Stay tuned....if interested.

Hey AV-
I talked to that guy about them too- pretty impressive-glad to see you got them as well- the price of $150 was incredible!
DC

I've got too friggin many speakers I swear. I need them going AWAY, not coming IN! haha. I'm gonna start a new thread on these with some pictures.

Yes you need to- those are fairly rare models that actually sounded quite good for a CV model- not their usual "loud & shouty" fair but actually pretty well balanced with some good timbre to them! I still hate the pink foams and "CV" dust caps- first thing I do is re dust cap them and refoam them- even if they do not need it! I will advertise my way not their way...
DC

Back
Top Bottom