Royal Blood. Jimmy Page Endorses Them

Guest123

I may be late to the party with this so forgive me if that's so. But I heard a new (for me) rock duo the other day called Royal Blood and I really was intrigued. I did a little research and found an article from the New Musical Express website in which none other than Jimmy Page endorses them highly. Here's his quote from that article:
“I went to hear them in New York. They were fantastic. Absolutely riveting,” Page says. “They’re such fine musicians. However long the set was, I could have heard twice as much. Their album has taken the genre up a serious few notches. It’s so refreshing to hear, because they play with the spirit of the things that have preceded them, but you can hear they’re going to take rock into a new realm – if they’re not already doing that. It’s music of tremendous quality.”
I'm going to find more of their stuff and see if he's right about them..I sure do like the one song of theirs I've heard called "Figure It Out". So, that's a good start.

regards,

I heard "figure it out" sounds good.
Littlie monstor is ok, will have to hear some more.

I had not heard of them at all, and they opened for the Foo Fighters in Toronto in the summer of 2015...I was blown away...these two guys up there playing their hearts out. Very tight, with interesting style. I was sold, and bought their album the next day. It receives regular play on my turntable.
If you ever get the chance, go see them live...they will not disappoint .

Saw Royal Blood at the Austin City Limits Festival a couple years ago and was blown away. I had never heard of Death From Above that poppachubby referenced, and had never heard of a bass guitar and drums rock duo before. I was amazed at the chops of bass player Mike Kerr. Ben Thatcher the drummer kept a tight groove going while Kerr played the ever lovin' crap out of his bass. Way cool. I like the whole album they put out. They were the highlight of the festival for me.

Back
Top Bottom