Wall 'O' Pioneer is finished! For now!!!

madpioneer

Originally I started this in the Home Theater forum but have continued it here.Started here

Here is the main wall in the living area that is my main PIONEER SPEC Rig linked up to a 5.0 Dolby Pro-Logic Old school surround setup. Running a SPEC-1/SPEC-2 for stereo music and running front main Mach Twos for surround. A PIONEER VSX-9500S handles the Pro-Logic decoding and runs the center and rear surround speakers while sending main front signal to SPEC Rig. The opposite wall handles the media. CD's, Laserdiscs, DVD's, VHS, Minidiscs etc.... Along with the tower rear surround speakers!
Nice navy blue leather couched added in 2005. The frontroom has worked out ideally in the new house beyond my expectations able to handle the two six foot stax plus the shorter stack and the TV stand along with the stacked speakers with still some wall left over on one side. Newly added 40" PIONEER 4:3 ratio plasma bought in December 2006.

Attachments

• DSCF0395.JPG
    DSCF0395.JPG
    132.2 KB · Views: 484
  • DSCF0333.JPG
    DSCF0333.JPG
    119.4 KB · Views: 214
  • DSCF0373.JPG
    DSCF0373.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 199
  • DSCF0366.JPG
    DSCF0366.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 272
  • DSCF0386.JPG
    DSCF0386.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 260
Its all here from Tuner to CD player, from TT to REEL 2 Reel to cassette even (2) 8-track player/recorders too boot! On the HT side we have Minidisc, CD and DVD recording capabilities. There is even PlayStation 2! Running roughly around 1000 watts between the SPEC and HT but of course not even 1/4 of that is actually used! Can you say cops! plus broken windows!?
Only have a neighbor on one side and we our garage to garage & none in the back at all, so I can crank up surround movies and music more so than when I was in my other house with neighbors not only on both sides but also behind. Makes owning this stuff much more enjoyable without worries of disturbing/annoying others and cops showing up!

Soon I will have pics of the bedroom setup. Surround setup is present there too along with a SA-9500 stereo setup. Need more time & space on my camera's memory card and I will post here in the PIONEER forum soon! for now enjoy the above pics!! :D

One a side note I just re-foamed both right side woofers in the Mach Two's. Also added 'bucking magnets' to avoid interference to the TV. The re-foam job was alot easier than I thought. It just takes some time and patience and also make sure you clean as much of the old foam as possible. Between Friday & Saturday I had both complete. By Saturday night 10:00 pm I was enjoying music again. On Sunday I opened em' up a bit and really enjoyed. They have been damaged for over a year but are now back in service! :thmbsp: Never know why I paid a $130 to get the previous two woofers professionally done. I managed to repair the other two for less than $32.00 !!

Attachments

• Bedroom1.JPG
    Bedroom1.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 272
  • Bedroom2.JPG
    Bedroom2.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 412
Last edited:
Now THAT'S impressive! Obviously, didn't happen overnight. That would be what I would call DREAM LISTENING ROOM! :ntwrthy: :ntwrthy: :ntwrthy:Thanks for sharing it with us!

Holy Chit, things are BIGGER in TEXAS!!! Excellent looking set-up, Dave. :yes:

MadMark,

You should be very proud of the Pioneer wall! I love it. More pics PLEASE!
Congrats!

MattFLA

Well, thats realy very impressive! Nice light there below the specs.
Isn´t it too hot to place the Spec-1 directly on top of the power amp? I would give them a little space for ventilation.

Isn´t it too hot to place the Spec-1 directly on top of the power amp? I would give them a little space for ventilation.

Well I have been running it this way for over 4 years! I recently had over $300 worth of work done on the SPEC-2 amp. Its runs much cooler than ever, plus the tech had me bring in my SPEC-1 pre-amp to make sure it was up to snuff and would not cause damage to all the work he put into the amp. It passed with flying colors. Anything else I put there would suffer too from heat. So I figure 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'. Has served me well all these years. If the pre-amp starts to show signs of solder/or other problems I'll just get it fixed and go from there. The rack is an open air type. Even tho it is surounded by other racks it is away from the wall and the heat is dissappated from the back and one whole side to the ceiling.

Attachments

• HTcloseshot.JPG
    HTcloseshot.JPG
    16 KB · Views: 194
  • HTcloseII.JPG
    HTcloseII.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 185
Last edited:
All right - why are there no Pioneer speakers connected to the wall-o-Pioneer?

Initially I wanted to try to get the HPM-200's into this setup. But the shear size of the 200's would really take up the WHOLE WALL! Plus I was after the visual kinda thing. Perching either a Mach Two or Mach One atop a HPM-200 gives the Mach a puny look. I wanted the speakers to be uniform and be around the same height as the main stacks of gear. I only own one set of CS-99A's so those are going to be reserved for my garage system along with some CS-88's.
The only PIONEER speakers I have running at the moment are the HPM-200's in the master bedroom, powered by my SA-9500 amp with a VSX-5700S old school surround amp linked up (pics soon of this setup). This setup sounds really awesome on it's own too!
I have always loved my Mach Twos since the day I got them. They have been my mainstay since 1986 so I just decided why disrupt a good thing. Yeah many would search and try to get probably different speakers to handle such a double chore as music and movie surround. Maybe Polk? or Altec, maybe Klipsch? But as most of you know here I have always had a fondness for the Mach series so I'll stick with em'! They can sure handle anything you can thro at em'! Movie explosions, gun fire, rapid machine gun fire, racing cars and trucks are no problem at all.

Last edited:
Trawlerman said:
That's sick. Really sick.

Love it :)

Yeah, what Mick said! :yes:

Is that your new house Mark? Looks like you've got yourself plenty of room, cause you need it! :yes:

Retro

*drools* ... well I have a VSX-9500S... looks like I'm off to a good start... that is one serious setup... mind if I fly down to listen? lol...
now a couple of questions.... excuse my newbness... but exactly how are you using the surround feature of the VSX-9500S? are you running from the pre-outs to the power amps? The dolby surround processor on this unit is quite impressive, so I'm not suprised you chose it as the heart of the system... oh, and question number two... my VSX runs at 580Watts if I remember correctly... so when that whole wall is fired up, I'm sure you're sucking in wayyyyy over 1000Watts... nevermind the police... the heat must be rediculous... I wouldn't worry too much about cops and your hydro bill or heat coming from your house... theres a lot more heat and hydro resulting from grow-houses if thats what you meant he he

now a couple of questions.... excuse my newbness... but exactly how are you using the surround feature of the VSX-9500S?
I have used this method since day one. VSX-9500S has center and rear speakers connected at the back at their appropriate speaker outputs. The front left and right speaker outputs are run to a dbx 200 router like you would an ordinary tape deck. That dbx router main output is then cabled to the SPEC-1 an then you just select tape one or tape two(I have it routed to tape 2) make sure the router is selected to the right setting and you have the SPEC-2 running the front mains left & right. The 9500 runs the rears and center. You set the volume on the SPEC-1 to around the second or third click and when you change the volume on the 9500's remote the volume of the SPEC rig will follow. But of course the volume knob of the SPEC-1 does not move you are just sending more or less signal into it by adjusting volume up or down. Similiar to a tape decks output adjustment.
I have asked a few techs if this is a safe way to run it. I have always been told it shouldn't cause any problems. I know there might be some contraversy regarding this method but everything is set in the 4 to 8 ohms range and I have been running it this way for years. My previous VSX-5700S never complained neither does the 9500S. The beauty is you can really tweak your rears and center with the 9500S then adjust the SPEC-1 for the fronts and get it just right and the way you like it. I tryed another method in where the whole SPEC rig was left off and my previous main unit the 5700S ran all the speakers. I did not like it at all. The fronts did not have that deep down balls to the wall bass and detailed sound I had grown accustom to. So I switched it back. Like I said before 'if it ain't broke don't fix it'!
Hope this helps? :scratch2:

Last edited:
Here is a not so good photos of the bedroom setup. Need a tripod very badly to get better pics!

Gives you an idea anyway. Here we have:

DT-400 timer
H-R99 8-track play/rec.
P-D70 CD player
RT-707 Reel
PL-88F Turntable
SA-9500 amp
SG-2 expander
CT-F1000 Cass.
SG-9800 EQ
TX-9800 Tuna
Realistic Mach One's