The Best 50 Dollar A Pair Speakers Ever ??

I saw those posts over there, was some good reading! Thank you very much for coming over and spreading the good word! I am interested in trying out a pair for myself (like I need more speakers, but hey). I liked the "under $50" shoot-out idea, too. Nice to see you in these parts again, I think your posts contain good information.

I just picked a pair of these tonight for $50 out the door at Best Buy.Im putting them through their paces now,but as of right now,these are very surprising.
Jimmy

How big are they? The description says 18x12 inches, which doesn't seem right. Maybe that's the box size.

These look a KEF-type speaker with a central mounted dome tweeter.

im not saying they dont sound good for the money because i have never herd them... but what about the other sub 50 doller speakers on the market... im sure a lot of them sound like they were made by bose, but do none of them even come close to the sound of these? any know at all ?

Looks like the speaker in question was manufactured by a company called Radiient (check out the surround speakers in the Helios series). The founders of the company include the co-inventer of the HDMI interface.

And here's the B&W N805 lookalikes for $200.00/pair.

I am very tempted to get a pair of the $46.00/pair speaker though.

Edit: Here's a review of the Helios speaker system. Keep in mind that the surround speakers in this system are the ones available at Best Buy for $46.00/pair.

Last edited:
Amazing for the money!

I picked up a pair of these at BB today, before they become unobtanium. The clerk had to search for them, for there was no pair on display. The build quality on these is astonishing for $45. Hell, the cabs alone are worth that. They have better than usual gold plated 5-way binding posts, metal studs to hold the grillcloth on, and weigh about 12 lbs. each. The sound? Better with the grills off, and they look cooler that way. A bit grainy at first, but they are already mellowing. Definite mid-bass hump. These speakers image their arses off. Great fun! :music:

These "appear" to be the same speakers as in the $329 Radiient "Helios" rear surround package (last pic). I have heard rumours that Radiient was unaware that these were being offered by BB. They look to be outsourced by the same Chinese manufacturer, at a much lower price. :banana:

Let the tweaking begin... :smoke:

Thanks for the heads up, ka7nig! :thmbsp:

Last edited:
I took the plunge. Ordered online for in-store pickup. I'll grab them at lunch today. I'll post some impressions when I get a chance to listen to 'em for a while.

Arggggh....I went to BB yesterday to buy a few DVDs and looked at them. Was going to buy but held back wondering if I would play with them a day or two and get bored. Still fighting myself on this one...

Hmmm, interesting, I may pick up a pair. If for nothing else as sacrificial speakers for when testing amps. Never know, I may love em!

This is getting interesting... I need another pair of speakers like I need another hole in the head... :scratch2:

But I have to say that I'm intrigued! :yes:

:lurk:

Scott

Opened my local BB this morning to check these speaks out. None on display so I asked for help locating them. After about 10 minutes of looking one of the sales associates yelled out "I found them!" They had them high on the top shelf near the car audio department. 2 left. I asked if I can audition them he looked back at me with a blank expression. I told him let me have one if I don't like them I'll return them. He agreed.

Havent even opened the box yet. Maybe tonight.

They are not on display. If you go looking suggest that they are in "top stock" -- that should help. Big bright green box about 24" cubed.

We have 6 in my store, 68 at our DC

dew.

Back
Top Bottom