• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Can't post, Can't Edit, Permissions, etc... Please use this thread

Try to be be patient, it's a work in progress.

AK does not have big money investors behind it nor do they have a well paid, 24/7 backroom technical staff.

The mods & admins (volunteers) are doing their best so try not to rant, threaten leaving, or question AK's alleged purchase decisions.
Well, to put this into perspective. At the moment, I can't log onto Grammarly, which has many more resources than AudioKarma. I'm sure they're being inundated by bots scraping people's information.

bc2b2eb4-e439-4142-9f71-b31679346b12.gif
 
This morning I could access AK from our home computer (win10 chrome) but this afternoon 403 Error, access denied…

Typing this from my work iPad, but using the same router and home network. Reset the computer, unplugged the router and modem, cleared browsing history…no change.

IMG_1341.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Anything being done about the randomness of these lockouts? Trying not to complain, but one minute things are fine, the next…lockout. It used to be more of an issue with my mobile devices as I travel internationally for work. Never the home computer….now that’s the one locked out.

Is there some way to have site supporters be “verified” and not have these issues happen? I get it that AK and other sites are being bombarded by bots, etc., but it seems that there should be some way to verify. Perhaps I just don’t know enough about modern data harvesting, etc…;)
 
I'm suddenly getting 'forbidden' messages when I try to open Audiokarma.
It happens in duckduckgo and opera browsers but not amazon silk.
Anything I can do?
 
Well, I guess there's some issue with Chrome. I never use MS Edge, but decided to try it and I'm in on the home PC. Now to find out what changed in Chrome that I didn't do.
 
I'm having the same issue with Chrome, when I try to access AK, I get a 403 Forbidden message. Couldn't figure out a way around it, I know my version of Chrome hasn't changed, and I have auto-updates turned off. Firefox works fine, that's what I'm using right now.

I realize there's lots of stuff going on with the site update, and I'm not trying to annoy the AK staff, just wanted to point it out.
 
I am having this issue using the Samsung Internet browser (which might be chrome-based). On my laptop, FF works fine.
 
I'm having the same issue with Chrome, when I try to access AK, I get a 403 Forbidden message. Couldn't figure out a way around it, I know my version of Chrome hasn't changed, and I have auto-updates turned off. Firefox works fine, that's what I'm using right now.

I realize there's lots of stuff going on with the site update, and I'm not trying to annoy the AK staff, just wanted to point it out.

The same for me. Chrome stopped working out of the blue with the Forbidden error. No updates on my end.

I am typing this on Firefox which works fine.

And like newenglandj said, I am not trying to annoy the AK folks. Just letting them know it is happening.
 
I just uninstalled Chrome, redownloaded it, and am now in. My autoupdate of Chrome failed, so it must have been registering as out of date with AK, CloudFlare, or whatever. All my other normal sites worked, but AK wasn't happy with the state of my Chrome version.

So, my fix was:
Make sure synch was turned on in Chrome
Uninstall Chrome to include delete browsing history checkbox when uninstall started running
Restart computer
Launch Edge (the only other browser that was on my computer
Download Chrome
Install
 
still broken on slimjet . Version 49.0.2.0 (based on Chromium 142.0.7444.163) (Official Build) (64-bit)
still working on Version 146.0.7680.164 (Official Build) (64-bit) google chrome .
am running latest ubuntu .
 
I just uninstalled Chrome, redownloaded it, and am now in. My autoupdate of Chrome failed, so it must have been registering as out of date with AK, CloudFlare, or whatever. All my other normal sites worked, but AK wasn't happy with the state of my Chrome version.

So, my fix was:
Make sure synch was turned on in Chrome
Uninstall Chrome to include delete browsing history checkbox when uninstall started running
Restart computer
Launch Edge (the only other browser that was on my computer
Download Chrome
Install
i cant see sync affecting it . or it damn well shouldn't be . Turning on sync in Chrome allows you to access bookmarks, history, passwords, and other settings across all your devices.
i have it turned off as dont want everything the same .
 
Synch was for me and all the bookmarks I have. Didn't want to have to redo all of that.
it saves it all for me . anyway i reinstalled slimjet and still same . glad it worked for you . i guess i am stuck with it broken yet again . i cant update anymore .
 
Back
Top Bottom