• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Can't post, Can't Edit, Permissions, etc... Please use this thread

I am getting forbidden issues on my phone, I can only use my laptop. I cleared cashe, rebooted, nothing works, any help?
Cheers
Chris
 
I am getting the Forbidden page while trying to get to Audiokarma on my Samsung S20 using Samsung Internet. Forbidden on both Data and WiFi
I can access Audiokarma on my desktop PC no problems on the same network.
This sucks. I always use my phone.
 
Right now I am able to use this site. But only because I installed the CacheBuster extension on Vivaldi (based on Chrome). I don't have any idea whether or not that would work for others but I am convinced that these issues are arising because of CloudFlare and how it handles caching. One reason that I came to that conclusion is because my son came here and it showed him being logged in as me, which is impossible. In fact I was not even logged in at the time. Also he uses a dark theme on his browser and when I came back here, I encountered a page that was in dark theme. So the only way that any of that can happen if there is a cached page upstream of our router. His computer and my computer do not share any cache and the router also does not have any caching.

Best of luck to all of you trying to sort this all out. With CacheBuster I just have to click on the button and I get a refresh of the actual page, which has solved so many of my issues. Before, it was absolutely nuts trying to navigate.
 
The same for me. Chrome stopped working out of the blue with the Forbidden error. No updates on my end.

I am typing this on Firefox which works fine.

And like newenglandj said, I am not trying to annoy the AK folks. Just letting them know it is happening.
I actually tried using Firefox as an alternative and ran into the same exact problems.

Also I just made this post when I was on another page. When I clicked to come to this page, the response and my previous response were not there. It looked like they had just disappeared. So I clicked on the CacheBuster icon and they magically reappear. I pretty much just have to keep clicking on that to be able to do anything here.

Mods, I hope that you get it all straightened out. As was said earlier, this is just information being passed on.
 
I can only get on ak using the chrome browser on my phone. Cannot use duck duck go or samsung internet browser.

If I clear all data on ddg I can get on as a guest but when I log in it goes to the forbidden page. Really weird and frustrating.
 
Right now I am able to use this site. But only because I installed the CacheBuster extension on Vivaldi (based on Chrome). I don't have any idea whether or not that would work for others but I am convinced that these issues are arising because of CloudFlare and how it handles caching. One reason that I came to that conclusion is because my son came here and it showed him being logged in as me, which is impossible. In fact I was not even logged in at the time. Also he uses a dark theme on his browser and when I came back here, I encountered a page that was in dark theme. So the only way that any of that can happen if there is a cached page upstream of our router. His computer and my computer do not share any cache and the router also does not have any caching.

Best of luck to all of you trying to sort this all out. With CacheBuster I just have to click on the button and I get a refresh of the actual page, which has solved so many of my issues. Before, it was absolutely nuts trying to navigate.
CacheBuster doesn't fix it for me
 
CacheBuster doesn't fix it for me
Yeah, this truly is nuts. I am almost thinking that malware is somehow involved at this point in time. I just don't know. I also just had hang when I tried to get here to see your comment. I saw the alert and when I clicked on it, it just brought me to a blank page that was not loading. So I had to go back to the home page and then find this thread, and then click on CacheBuster to even see this comment. A lot of work but at least I managed to get back here.
 
The problem accessing through DUCKDUCKGO is back, I get the Forbidden message. Works through Chrome, though.
Had this problem a few months ago and you fixed it, but now it's back for the last week or so.
I also had to ditch my use of DDG to navigate A/K, and found I had to use MS` maxed out privacy settings EDGE browser while in InPrivate, via Win11 Pro to be for the most part functional, with occasionally requiring refreshing the page to fulfill the action I was attempting, sometimes even having to use the more aggressive "Slap your Moma" right click dropdown menu option refresh, as the internet command line`s I`m busy Ferris wheel twirling while it`s sluggishly beginning to begin to think about performing my desired simple task, so I can resume my use of A/K !
 
I've been unable to access AK AT ALL the past 4 days using either of my smartphones (samsung androids) using DDG, google, or Brave, which has been defunct for me for weeks. 403 forbidden alert. This has been a recurring problem for me, but up until now I could do a workaround via the dreaded google, but that's no longer an option ,I get the same thing. I'm only on now via my antiquated laptop & Firefox via remote-site wifi, which I don't have at home. Other recent problems were having the ability to only read content but not being able to respond or post anything. Notification displayed "oops, we ran into some problems". As I have activity on BT currently, this is very much causing me grief! It would be ideal for all if/when we're locked out as such, there existed a telephone hot line or something equally accessible to report these issues. Kinda hard (or impossible) to communicate otherwise on the website if the damn thing won't even allow us access. This is a relatively recent but increasingly frequent problem it seems, never had any issues before in the 9 years or so I've been a member/subscriber. As I'm no computer guru, theres not much I feel I can do without the risk of screwing things up even more than they already are. Remedial suggestions may not be an option once I get back home & Still can't get in.
Edit: Success at last!:banana:
 
Last edited:
I get the dreaded 403 forbidden error on my Sony Xperia 1 mk III when I try to access the home page of AK via Chrome. Doesn't work on google or gmail either. I have to use my HP laptop which is horrifically slow.
 
Cloudflare=disaster it seems.
On my old IPad, I too could only read content, when I turned off JavaScript I could at least post a message. Still cannot post pictures or see videos and such, but at least I can access AK and also post messages. I wonder if that will work for now. Definitely not ideal, but at least I can see what's going on here.
 
Is there a fix for this as I still can only access on an old laptop which I dont normally use?
Chris

...

We are working on it.

They are constantly looking into these problems. It might not appear that way, but they have limited volunteer staff and they are most likely overwhelmed with requests. I know, doesn't sound like much, but it's the best they can do.
 
Back
Top Bottom