• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Kenwood Supreme

The seller has not stated what shipping will be!

Guys from what I can tell I would not have a problem with buying from this guy... and his shipping and handling fee is fair considering the fragility and weight...

The problem is that the seller has not provided anyone, to my knowledge, with a shipping quote. That's the problem. He's only provided a handling fee of an additional $50.
The question is an additional $50 to what?

Has anyone gotten a quote from this guy? If not, brace yourself at auctions end.
 
I agree with ReEdger,
Go back and look at my post about The Impaler.He wanted $800 US(or he'd hit me with a non-paying bidder claim)to ship a 700M.
Think about that multiplied by three.....$800US.:tears:
 
I agree totally. I would definately want to nail down what the shipping will cost TOTAL- especially if he has a track record of gouging. Yeah, that's 1 thing that really burns me is when sellers are intentionally vague and try to leave details like that open ended. I was only referring to his S&H fee as being reasonable.
 
I agree with ReEdger,
Go back and look at my post about The Impaler.He wanted $800 US(or he'd hit me with a non-paying bidder claim)to ship a 700M.
Think about that multiplied by three.....$800US.:tears:

That was air freight to Australia! Go to the Canada Post website and you will get the same figure.

http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/rc/res/bin/rc_res_int-e.asp

(Use M9N 2R2 as a postal code - it's in Toronto).

24x24x15 inch box, weighing 30 pounds is $837.37CAN to AUS (with a $64 full surcharge!). Ground is $170.58, and would take 2 months without tracking. What did you pay to get your 700C to EW? FedEx and UPS are similar. Get out a globe and look to see where Canada is.....we're really far away....
 
packrat,
I bought my 700C which EW modded,in the US for the very reason that a two-way trip from Aus to EW's would have bankrupted me.
I pretty much got a second(stock)700C for free(:D)because I bought it in the US.
It was kinda like paying for the mods and shipping home,only,because the freight to the US would have been pretty close to what I ended-up paying for my second 700C,in the US.
I wasn't aware that the shipping costs for the 700M would have been pretty close to what he wanted to charge.
As an aside,haven't international shipping charges gone up somewhat lately?
It looks like really heavy items,one would be better getting a return ticket and carrying the item on one's lap on the plane.
As much as I'd love to have this matched set,the price to Aussieland would be crippling.:tears:
 
theophile

Shipping costs everywhere have gone up - I'd estimate almost double from about 5 years ago. Even a little 25 pound receiver cost about $45 to ship a few months ago, and I used to ship stuff that big for $20. I'm trying to buy only local, which makes seeing this set heartbreaking as a 3 hr drive is pretty local!

So you have two 700C preamps? wow...
 
I email and got this reply:

shipping to CA is around $400.00. They are very and big boxes. I can ship with any company that you wish. the dimensions are box 1) 26x24x16 weighs 25 pounds. box 2) 26x24x16 weighs 25 pounds box 3) 27x26x16 weighs 70 pounds. I hope this helps. thanks

Shipping is a touch high compared to U.S. to U.S. shipments. Not a deal breaker for me...
 
packrat,
I'm not greedy.:nono:
I want a third one.:smoke:
With two stereo outputs from each 700C,I could have a really great sounding surround system with another 700C.:banana:
 
packrat,
I'm not greedy.:nono:
I want a third one.:smoke:
With two stereo outputs from each 700C,I could have a really great sounding surround system with another 700C.:banana:

A THIRD ONE? I hate to tell you but you are greedy, yes, huh-huh, you are. LOL :D
I am thinking of hitting that BIN: for $495.00
 
I didn't realize the 700t had a PL-259 connector for the fm antenna. That is a damned nice touch. I wish more tuner manufacturers had followed some sort of standard other then their own in this area.
 
epoch,
I'm tellin' ya now.If I was awash with cash at the moment,I'd be onto that unit.:D
Having heard just what EW can do with these preamps,and it's phenomenal,I want another one.
I keep thinking,(no offence to EW),that there is possibly a bit more up the sleeve of the 700C.
I hope EW in his ever-forward moving of the goal posts,finds it because as it stands they're flaming magnificent,and the thought that more could be brought out of them is mind-numbing to consider.
Real authentic vintage gems.:yes: :yes: :yes:
 
epoch,
I'm tellin' ya now.If I was awash with cash at the moment,I'd be onto that unit.:D
Having heard just what EW can do with these preamps,and it's phenomenal,I want another one.
I keep thinking,(no offence to EW),that there is possibly a bit more up the sleeve of the 700C.
I hope EW in his ever-forward moving of the goal posts,finds it because as it stands they're flaming magnificent,and the thought that more could be brought out of them is mind-numbing to consider.
Real authentic vintage gems.:yes: :yes: :yes:

Very true. :D
 
And the auction ends with the hidden reserve not met. Reserve appears to be at least $1601. Let's see if it gets relisted.
 
The Supremes Have Landed

After numerous emails the seller and I came to terms. Seller was prompt on emails, very careful about packing and all 3 Supremes (700C, 700T & 700M) have made it safely to RI. While price and shipping costs were no bargain they were at least reasonable. My logic was that this was a very rare opportunity and that this set was worth the price and the risks.

So far I have no regrets and look forward to getting the green light from EW to send him the 700C and 700M for his usual magic.

Wish me luck,

Bryan in RI
 
After numerous emails the seller and I came to terms. Seller was prompt on emails, very careful about packing and all 3 Supremes (700C, 700T & 700M) have made it safely to RI. While price and shipping costs were no bargain they were at least reasonable. My logic was that this was a very rare opportunity and that this set was worth the price and the risks.

So far I have no regrets and look forward to getting the green light from EW to send him the 700C and 700M for his usual magic.

Wish me luck,

Bryan in RI


You are one lucky guy. Post some pics when you get a chance. Seeing a set like this with original box is probably as rare as another Yamaha centennial line up for sale again.
 
Back
Top Bottom