• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Post Your Freecycle Scores / Finds

Van_Isle

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
How's this - just picked up this AM:

1. Realistic STA-2600 digital receiver. 1987 100 wpc. Apparently the most sensitive tuner in it that Realistic offered up to that point - 1uV.

2. A Citizen JSA-8 integrated amplifier. I can find no info on this but it is silver face, silver knobs, solid construction. Kind of reminds me of some of the silver-face Kenwoods of the later 70's. Hi & low filters on it, mic mixing, etc. Even has pre and main amp jumpers!

3. Akai GXC-310D cassette. 1975, top load, 2 head with the GX glass heads of course.

4. Advent Legacy speakers. Need new foam surrounds.

All free!

I had a hard time fitting this all into my Honda Civic!
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I got a pair of small ESS speakers and some speaker wire (separate pick-ups). Can't argue with free!
 
Teac A-6010 and about 25 reels of tape.

2 years later I still haven't made the Teac work...but the tapes are great!

next pickup:
80 NOS 7" reels of mystery tape, most are usable.
JVC 3/4" Umatic video recorder
 
Year ago or so I picked up 150 albums free - mostly Rock / Pop. Once I sorted through the warped, scratched, no-interest, doubles, etc. I kept about 50 and donated rest that were decent to one of the local thrift shops.
 
My freecycle rejected me....

the neighboring **** town one accepted, but all thats ever on it is baby clothes and broken furniture
 
I met a guy once thru the net and was given a Theta Generation V DAC, Monarchy Audio DIP, quite a few cables from Cardass, Audioquest, Disocvery and so on. I also got a AMC CD6 tube CD player and a Proton AA120 amp.
He had other stuff listed but during conversation audio came up and he really hooked me up, I am disabled and on fixed income so his pittty on me was a real blessing. We became good friends aswell!!
 
Freebies from CL:

BIC 980 turntable
1959 Silvertone tube console (works!)
Yamaha 5-CD changer
lots of 1/2" tape reels (for my Otari 8 track)
 
I have no idea....kinda blew my mind. They wanted an "essay" on why I wanted to be in the group and I guess I didnt meet their requirements....

Each community's freecycle is run by a different moderator. Yours seems to be run by a complete dick.
 
Freecycle is a great idea but the one here was moderated by someone who let it go to her head and eventually was banned by Freecycle and has since started her own "ree-cycle" Yahoo group. Now she constantly spams the CL free section with links to her group like it's better somehow.

The local perpetual garage sale queen would grab everything she could and was using alias names/emails to get stuff after everyone figured out her game. Even after all that drama the local freecycle here is very cliquish so I gave up on them long ago.

If I have something to give away it goes to the CL free section.
 
Well, all the drivers in the Legacy's work ..... and I picked up some new foam surrounds for them.

I'll post pictures of everything tomorrow ... once I figure out how to get the bubble-gum off the side of the speakers.
 
Harman Kardon A50k integrated amp.
Sansui AU-6500 integrated amp (needs repairs but still a good find imo)
Realistic 10 band EQ.
Fisher fm77 digital tuner (kind of a cheap thing but it works)
about a dozen XL-II cassettes
 
Realistic Optimus 5B's

attachment.php
 
Update

1. Realistic STA-2600 digital receiver.
- This seems to work like a charm! It is going to a local thrift as a "thank-you" donation for a Sony PS-X60 they gave me.

2. A Citizen JSA-8 integrated amplifier.

- This is the same as a Goldstar GSA-8500 or a Universum Dynamic V3297 (except the V3297 one doesn't appear to have the pre / main separation and is all DIN connections). I've even managed to locate a service manual for the Goldstar equivalent. Unfortunately, the Citizen is completely dead on one channel.

3. Akai GXC-310D cassette.
- Haven't had a chance to do anything with this yet ... except note the tape transport is absolutely filthy.

4. Advent Legacy speakers.

-Legacy II's - now refoamed and sounding good ... as I reported previously.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom