• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What is your Dream Speaker?

brad1138

Active Member
What speaker do you really want to have. I don't mean a $100k+ pair of Wilson Audio monitors (I am sure we would all love those), but something you heard and wish you had bought or could find now, or maybe just spks you have heard about, but it has to be something you could afford if you ran across them now (selling the family car to cover the cost is acceptable). :D

For me it is the "Mirage M3-si", I used to work at a high end AV store and we sold those. I couldn't afford them then, and they are hard to find now and still not cheap. How about you?
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
An interesting question. I have my dream CDP, dream receiver, dream amp, dream preamp, dream tuner, and dream TT, but no dream speakers. How odd. Speakers are the most important part! Honestly, no speakers some to mind. I am very happy with my Advent 5002's right now. I haven't seen any speakers or heard any speakers that made me want to run out and procure some that weren't mine anyway. Wait! I lied! My dream speakers are the JBL Paragon. Beautiful. Who cares if the speakers themselves are rubbish, the cabinet is all that matters. A work of art, regardless of the sound quality. Such a piece would be the centerpiece of my home. However, it is just a dream, after all. :sigh:
 
JBL 4350's. Don't actually know much about the speakers, All I know is they are LOUD and most importantly HUGE.


By happly
 
Is that a pair of Mark Levinson amps in that picture with the big JBLs?
If so, I think I may know who's set up that is.




Retro
 
i would love some JBL EVEREST DD55000 and some 4350's as shown above. both huge and great in their own regards. oh wait, i have both coming soon... will post pics as soon as i get through explaining to my wife.........

regards
 
As far as your question goes, I would be spilit between two speaker systems: I would love to find a set of Infinity RS II/B's or a set of Magneplanar MG 3.6's. I'm a sucker for planar sound. :yes:
 
There are still a lot of speakers that I have read about and haven't heard so it's a tough choice. Possibly a set of JBL Hartsfield speakers.

But of course I'm pretty happy with my new ADS 910's.

Denny
 
newtv2.jpg


Pipedream Reference 18's. Line arrays make it happen for me. I've had these almost 3 years now. I have absolutely no thoughts of changing them out.

Best,

Paul :thmbsp:
 
I really like what I have now, but I’d like to get something beyond a regular JBL 3-way eventually; such as a JBL 4-way with a good mid-bass driver. I wouldn’t mind something like a JBL XPL200, but those still use the same 3” voice coil 2214H woofers as my L100T’s and I haven’t heard very many great things about the polypropylene cone midbass driver. I would also like to upgrade to something that uses a 12” with a 4” voice coil or something like an LE14H for a bit more punch. So along those lines I’m thinking my dream speakers would probably be a pair of L250Ti’s.
 
Ones I haven't heard: KEF Maidstone.
Ones I have heard: a big, tall pair of MartinLogans that were blasting away in Tweeter a few years ago. I have no clue what model they were, but the sound was magnificent and they haunt me to this day.
Tom
 
Back
Top Bottom