• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What is your Dream Speaker?

Digital Designs made a dual-woofer speaker a decade ago, and I bought the single woofer versions because of the $250 difference, and because of the kevlar cones of the single woofer versions. Been kicking myself for the past 7 years, which has at least made me flexible and tough of hiney.
 
I'm not too picky, any of the following (ok all of them):
Spendor BC-1 or SP-1 and S20
IMF
Quad '57
LS3/5a
Magnepan
Celestion SL6*
Ditton 66
Reynaud Twin or Duet
B&W DM1,2,3,4
Audio Note
Tangent RS2
KEF 103.2 or 101
JR-149
Coincident
Harbeth
 
Finally bought my dream speakers a year ago. La Scalas and love em. Current harram consist of a pair of Valencia, Flamencos with matching equipment console, Hereseys, Santannas with Altec 806s fitted in em, and a few other keepers. The first dream speakers I obtained was a matched pair of Altec Capastranos which, unfortunately, were stolen from my storage shed. Those I could never replace. The Klipsch La Scalas should be on everyones short list. 2cents worth.
 
Not quite sure what my dream speaker would be but those that pique my interest would be:

Danley Sound Labs SH-50
Gedlee Summa (I've actually heard these, best I've heard)

I'd love to hear a well executed all horn setup.
 
I'm a bargain basement type and was very happy with a pair of Heath Kit AS 1348. Like to find a pair now, though
It was a very nice design and could create a nice room filling bass

Fred
 
My practical limit would be about 10K used. There was a pair of the aforementioned Pipedreams locally 4 years ago for about that which was below market at that time. So that would be one. I could use them in my current home.

The second would be Dunlavy Signature SC-IV. I'd really like a pair of those if my living room was a bit wider. My next house may need to be custom designed!

http://www.stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/162/index.html

There are a few others but these are a good starting choices I'd say.
 
Ah, the Decware Jensen Imperial, of course.

imperial1.jpg
 
After having (and loving) a set of ADS L-1290's, I'd have to say my dream speakers would be the ADS L-1590's.
 
The last peak for me to climb is in my living room. I keep measuring the available space, and waiting for the day when my wife OK's bigger speakers there. If that day should come, I would go for....The envelope please... Klipsch LaScala II's. If the room can't be made, then go to the Cornwalls and finally the Heresys. That day probably will never come, but it's fun dreaming.
 
I've enjoyed EPIs, Avids, Sansuis, RSLs but since I've been playing with Infinity speakers wow, it's like heaven. :music:
 
Back
Top Bottom