• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Somebody asked ?

kidthorazine

Active Member
Somebody asked about these a while back but I couldn't find them till now. Here again for your enjoyment/anger/indifference are my painted (yes by me) Marantz stereos. The only one I still have is the Transparent Hot Rod Red 1060. I left out the Crome one
 

Attachments

  • Finale Paint Job 017.jpg
    Finale Paint Job 017.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 379
  • PJ3 002.jpg
    PJ3 002.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 348
  • PJ3 011.jpg
    PJ3 011.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 367
  • PJ3 008.jpg
    PJ3 008.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 421
  • gloss black.jpg
    gloss black.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 400
Register to hide this ad
Dunno what a purist collector might say, but to me these look super cool. They definitely have that hot rod look. Unfortunately it seems like most of the painted pieces I've seen have been poorly executed, but it looks like you did an excellent job with all these. I like!
 
Hey - if the covers were scratched, why the hell not? Poop on those who proclaim otherwise.
We're supposed to be having fun. It's not like you put the proverbial mustache on the Mona Lisa...although I'm sure someone will chime in to decry the sacrilege.
 
Anger? Why would you expect that? IMO they all look great...maybe not quite so sure about the yellow though. :D
 
the only reason i'd NOT do that is if i knew that i had a unit that was worth more to some other person willing to part with a good sum of cash.

otherwise, life is too short to worry about what "purists" may think.

that said, those are awesome.
 
I wouldn't do it because I'm all thumbs with a paintbrush or such, but artistic license prevails, even here. Go head on.
 
Some of those colors look pretty good. I don't see why anyone would object to loosing that horribly ugly standard Marantz-brown fake wood look.

Allan
 
Nice. I like the Red and Blue but that yellow, just aint workin for me. As for resale, if ya had too, there is plenty of flat black to put them back where they once were.
 
If you were painting over wood cases, I might have a bone to pick. But on the metal cases, that looks pretty darn nice :thmbsp:. Not a bubble or blemish anywhere, either :tresbon:.
 
Looks like a really good job done on each of them. I like most of them, especially them maroon and the red, but for some reason I can't identify, I don't like the yellow, either. This strange, because normally yellow is a favorite color for me. Upon reflection, I think it is the angle of the picture or maybe the grill.
 
The "Yellow" in question is Aluma Yellow and trust me its butt ugly nomatter what you paint it on. Here is the "crome" one that I didn't post.
 

Attachments

  • crome.jpg
    crome.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 149
The Black has a very fine metal flake to it,its realy much nicer looking than the picture shows. The colors I used are hot rod colors with very glass like finishs. Was it hard to do ? no not at all.
 
Back
Top Bottom