• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

sansui 9090

  1. KeithD

    Which Sansui to pick up?

    A few for sale locally: 2000 $165 5050 $125 551 $65 5000A ?? The 551 has some cosmetic issues on the face. 5000A has the tuner not working, currently at a local hobby tech, so no price yet. I have two quad units QR-4500 and 6500, but nothing in the 2 channel Sansui line. Would any of these...
  2. StereoAllDay

    Feelings about Rebuilding Receivers

    Hello guys, I'm new to this group, even though I've followed it for a couple of years.... anyway, I just got my first Sansui Receiver, a 9090 to be exact. I've mainly had Pioneers my whole life but I was looking for a new, well old, receiver and after reading 100's of reviews decided to try...
  3. N

    Sansui 9090db?

    Hey all, this is my first post so hopefully I don't sound like an idiot.. I'm fairly green when it comes to vintage audio but I do know the sounds I'm looking for. I currently have a Kenwood KA-7100 integrated amp into Klipsch KG-3 speakers. They sound great but I feel like the amp isn't very...
  4. R

    9090, looking to repair/recap

    Hello.. I was given a 9090, and it was dead.. protection circuit fault, I found the troubleshooting guide and replaced a few caps, it worked for a minute or two and quit again.. this time blowing the right channel fuses.. So, despite that it's not in great condition, I hear it's still worth...
  5. Chriswashere

    Which sansuis should I keep?

    Lately my family has become concerned with my hoarding units, so I think it's time to clear out a little. Right now I have seven sansui units and have decided to keep only two. The problem is deciding which two to keep when many are not working as of right now so comparing is a little difficult...
  6. C5Chris

    Sansui 9090db will not put out sound, help please~

    Good Morning AK! I am a new member to the Forum yet have lurked for help for over a year and love the site! After much excitement getting a Sansui 9090db for my Feb birthday this year, and enjoying it the past 45-50 days, it has stopped. The previous owner said he replaced the Power Supply...
  7. T

    Just bought a Sansui 9090, do I need new speakers?

    Hi all, I'm quite new to vintage audio. I just picked up my first vintage receiver, the Sansui referenced in the topic line. My current speakers are a pair of AR M6 towers that I bought from a liquidator in the mid-90's. I'm afraid to even hook the receiver up to these speakers, without...
Back
Top Bottom