• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

“Best” oil for my car threads.

Change the oil today on two cars. Must be 80% humidity out there (around 85º at 9am).

Sticky and Stinky City! Even Skunky gave up.

f91351d9-3a67-45cb-85ea-43ed7e65512b.gif
 
Nice here today 70F, 43% humidity, light breeze. Was a good day to work in the garage and finish the front brake work on the Camaro. Good to go now.

Might even get the new swaybar bushings and end link bushings done later, or tomorrow.
 
In my 2.7L F150 and my GF's 2.0L Mazda 3 I use Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5W30.

In my British bikes (and in my old muscle car days) I used/use whatever high-zinc was available locally at the time.
Over the years that was Kendall, Brad Penn, PennGrade, and in a pinch, Rotella. Whatever was green, haha.

The Norton's always get 50W, the Triumph's either 20W50 or 40W, depending on seasonal temps. They all have spin-on filters, so using detergent oils is not a problem.

The gearboxes get Brad Penn GL4 80W90. People will always argue, but the actual science says you shouldn't use GL5 oils in applications with yellow bearings, especially under high-temp, high-load conditions.
 
As far as specs I use what's specified in the owners manual. Considering moving to PennGrade 5W30 for the WRX after the formulation change forced by war to Pennzoil Ultra Platinum.
 
Nice here today 70F, 43% humidity, light breeze. Was a good day to work in the garage and finish the front brake work on the Camaro. Good to go now.

Might even get the new swaybar bushings and end link bushings done later, or tomorrow.

It was 101 today and is supposed to be 100 tomorrow with sweltering heat. It will stay in the upper 90s after that until next Thursday when it's finally forecast to drop down into the 80s. It is the hottest September in history here. This comes after a near record-breaking August.

It hasn't rained in several weeks and we are in the midst of a drout. My pond is the lowest it has ever been. Over 2 ft. low. Parts of the shore I have never seen are now exposed.

I guess the good part is I haven't had to mow the lawn in a month. Too hot to really work outside. When I do, I come inside soaked with sweat after less than an hour. It's brutal.
 
All of the diesel junk over here including the tractors accepts the same particular API rating. This stuff takes a huge amount of oil and I'm keeping it simple. I try to stick to one brand that is commonly available locally. Changed by hours or mileage. Not sure if this helps, but I shake the jug for any potential that the lubricant package has settled.

Some of it doesn't have enough use to change it before an annual stretch, so those are changed before schedule.
 
Took the Honda S2000 out for the usual Sunday morning "clean out months of stop-and-go driving" tune-up. Usually do this once every 6 months. The car was very good, as usual. I just changed the oil (5W-30 Mobil One).

The S2000 has one of the best manual transmissions that I've ever driven.

Anyhow, I noticed there wasn't as much traffic as usual on a Sunday at 7am. I think it's the price of gas. There's not as much optional driving as before.

:idea:
 
Took the Honda S2000 out for the usual Sunday morning "clean out months of stop-and-go driving" tune-up. Usually do this once every 6 months. The car was very good, as usual. I just changed the oil (5W-30 Mobil One).

The S2000 has one of the best manual transmissions that I've ever driven.

Anyhow, I noticed there wasn't as much traffic as usual on a Sunday at 7am. I think it's the price of gas. There's not as much optional driving as before.

:idea:
Italian tune up.
 
Back
Top Bottom