• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

15-30 wpc integrated amps

Another vote for the Marantz 1060. Great bedroom amp, and can be used as a pre amp only if you have something with more power. And-a great phono stage.
 
I see The Shack is not properly represented here. My vote is for the 1971 Realistic SA-900. Nevermind the TM-90 pictured with it. Including the Tape Monitor input, the 900 has 5 inputs, plus a "Tape Dubb" input which mixes with any selected input. The Tape Monitor input has a level matching pot on it, also.

20080311-RealisticSA-900TM-90straig.jpg
 
Scott

My favorite low power stereo amplifier is the H H Scott 299-T.

Here it is shown below along with its two receiver close cousins the Scott 342 and Scott 382.
threesisters-1.jpg
 
Nad 3020a

Gotta add my :thmbsp: to this!

I have an NAD 3020A. It's a great little pre/power amp. Takes a licking, keeps on ticking. Always sounds musical. Didn't believe the extensive hype until I picked one up by chance a year ago.
I know this is an old post now but I wanted to add that I have a 3020a that I use a lot and I have just purchased a 3120 that I am going to have stripped down and rebuilt with every upgrade I can afford.
 
I'm currently using a Sherwood SS S-9500c 20 watts rms per channel. 1st gen ss integrated from Sherwood and the smallest of the 3 from that period. It has sidelined my McIntosh and Philips systems and is the 1st amp that I can really enjoy my Klipsch Heresys with. Also, have a nice Sony TA-5055, much newer and though same power range whereas the Sherwood evokes totl quality, the Sony obviously is made to a lower end price point. Does not have as much power subjectively but sonically is quite nice and really enjoy it.

I have a pair of Yamaha CA-610IIs that look very impressive, meters, lots of controls, but, sonically lacking in comparison to the Sherwood and the Sony.
I have that same amp along with the S-2300FET tuner that I just got working. They sound great. Like you said I believe it is 18-20 wpc at around 1% THD. Very warm sounding and punchy for its size. I am driving a pair of 1st gen HPM-60’s with it and it sounds VERY nice.:beatnik:
 
Back
Top Bottom