• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

1964 fisher president, provincial, sf cl

It was I that bought this beauty! Thanks Dave, I like you, too!:wave: The seller was a real sweetheart. I'm pretty sure I was the first to contact her (6 am the next morning), with an offer to buy above her tiny asking price. I had to come up a gain (gladly) to seal the deal, and was able to get there fairly quickly.

I've begun a first round of cleaning the components, which are in great shape. I think the thick layer of dust and grime may have preserved the original finish! It does indeed have a Garrard Type A turntable, but no R2R. I'm not sure that it ever had the tape deck, as these consoles were available without (the owner was the 2nd owner).

Unfortunately, I'm not able to keep the console, but I've given it to a dear friend (who helped me move the beast!). The combination of no room, a wife that would kill me if it came in the house (I could possibly convince her had it been a modern design), and a pretty dinged-up cabinet finish influenced the decision. I hope I don't get too whipped here for not keeping it!

Strangely, both the 400 CX-2 and the 202-R are missing a green jewel. I understand that elusive entity called "The Fisher Doctor" may be sitting on a stash, and I've sent him a message (through eBay), but I don't hold out much hope for hearing back. If anyone her has one or two spare, I'd be interested in buying them, or working out some deal.

I can post photos of the work I'm doing, or answer questions about the components, if anyone has any.
 
fini,
Welcome. Please post about it with pictures in the Fisher forum.
A guy on ebay sells reproduction jewels. They're fine. I've seen 'em.
 
Thanks for the welcome. I've been a member here since '03, just don't post too often!
I have emailed the eBay seller of the reproduction jewels, who told me they didn't quite match (they're rounded, not faceted). You probably can't tell from 2 feet away...

I'll post in the Fisher forum in a bit.
 
fini, glad you were able to work it out. she seemed genuinely happy to have the dosh she ended up with, and i am glad to hear they're going to someone who will use them! pictures, as audiodon said...
 
Back
Top Bottom