• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

$200 for a Yammie PX3?

mackat

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Is this worth $200 if I sold my SL-10? I really like the looks of it. It's mint.


Ben aka MacKat
 
Register to hide this ad
That falls in to the category of "don't ask, just pull out the wallet". Seriously, that's a steal.
 
I would keep the SL-10 if you could. Convenience often wins choices.

For musicality I think it would be onionandamouse that the Yammy would win.
 
being silly, unanimous

I keep my SL-7 just because it is SO convenient. I have better tables, but that is the easiest one to use.
 
Another yes vote, from a PX2 owner.

But one word of caution, check everything out throughly, all the functions, the start and return functions, might want to allow a disc to play thru all the way a few times. Watch where the tone arm cues when you select the size on start up. They are really well made tables, heavy as a tank, but they are very complicated with a lot of electronics inside, and a number of problems have been noted that determine the tone arm carriage operation. Not the easiest TT to work on quite complicated. There is a guy that really knows these tables inside and out, he pops up on AK once and a while member name Proffesor Blizt I beleive. He can repair them he is in Florida. That arm movement is moved along by a large wide belt which is connected to the tone arm base, has some wide pully that it runs on and the belt is connected on the underside with a pair of springs. That belt is driven by a smaller belt to the motor assembly. The eyes ( or whatever they are) I think are some kind of photo eye that when an opening comes on a plate that is what tells the arm to stop. It has a small amount of adjustment on the back. But when they go bad you have to remove the drive train rack and send it to him for repair which runs a couple hunderd bucks if I remember correctly.
 
Last edited:
Ok. I'll be sure to spot any problems. I probably (and he) won't have any time for a for a few albums. Just curious, are any belts likely to be crap? He said it has the original packing still in it. It might've been never used. I hope to hear from him, I haven't yet.


Ben aka MacKat
 
Oh, the PX3 doesn't appear to have a start function, only a cut one. It must be simpler.


Ben aka MacKat
 
I have a px3 and a px2 and have played them back to back and IMO the px2 has just the slightest bit darker background, the S/N ratings for these is off the charts. With Alan (professor Bizzt) and merrylander around you can get the sensors fixed and most else what would ail you. You can adjust the VTA on the fly and setup on them is super quick. The other problem they have is the feet deteriorate, someone had a thread here on AK about making new feet w/ sand in them.
 
Back
Top Bottom