• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2006 lbs of speakers....coming my way!!

analog addict

Glory or Death!
Subscriber
Finally, after 6 months of waiting, the Simplexes are on the truck and in transit. I grossly underestimated the weight....:yikes:

attachment.php


attachment.php


attachment.php




Each base bin came in around 450 lbs with packing and pallets without riser, and each horn/throat/driver combo came in around 200 lbs with packing, pallet and crate.

I am torn between anticipation and dread, hoping these will all fit in the spare bay of my garage until we buy a new place. I don't even have a delivery date yet, because the shipper that will deliver them doesn't have them yet, and may not even know they exist yet. I'm hoping for this weekend, but I am off Monday, and can potentially be home if necessary. If they come later than that it becomes a problem...:scratch2:

I was hoping to have a lifting and listening party for the local AK'ers, but I may just have to get them in the garage, and then plan a weekend where we can break them out, put heavy duty casters under the LF horns, and make sure everything is all in one piece....:thmbsp:

Hoping I haven't bit off more than I can chew....:nono:
 

Attachments

  • DSC01688.JPG
    DSC01688.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 655
  • DSC01690.JPG
    DSC01690.JPG
    189.9 KB · Views: 665
Register to hide this ad
and hopefully you next move will be your last move!

Congrats on those monsters! Makes me wish I lived in the South East, I would love to hear them!
 
Figgered I'd be renting a pallet jack at least...

Hell, what do I have friends for anyway???:D

Harbor Fright has some cool furniture dollys for cheap. If you buy several and leave the cabs on them you can move them around to get at stuff later without needing helpers. I think I got mine on sale for like $5.99 each.
 
Harbor Fright has some cool furniture dollys for cheap. If you buy several and leave the cabs on them you can move them around to get at stuff later without needing helpers. I think I got mine on sale for like $5.99 each.

Great idea...:scratch2:
 
I actually have some heavy duty casters I wanted to attach on the underside. Think the dollies are a better idea?:scratch2:
 
By the looks of them we don't need to be anywhere near them to be able to hear them.

:scratch2: This also makes my dream of someday owning a set of Altec VOTT A2's seem more attainable.
 
Back
Top Bottom