• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2017-18 NCAA Basketball

WVU vs. KU for the Big 12 and then UVa vs. UNC for the ACC. Both my teams are in the championship games tonight. Will it all end in smiles or tears in my beer (a VA beer, natch, - Old Ox Alpha Ale session brew)?
 
Guess we will have to Dook it out tonight, Ken (Keef) :)
Tony Bennett and Roy Williams are classy guys. I can't say the same about Coach K after watching the interview after the game. His demeanor and words were bitter. Of course, they just lost any hope of being a No. 1 seed.

I'm looking forward to a great game tonight. UVa's 30 wins with 2 losses is impressive :thumbsup:
I remain firm cheering on the Heels but have been fickle with my beer choices during the Tourney. The current mix includes Sweetwater 420, Hoppyum, Goose Island IPA, and Lone Rider Hoppy Ki Yay.

So :beerchug: to the winner and the loser!

Roger

Oops, almost forgot to mention the other big games. KU vs WVU and Providence vs Villanova. One would think Xavier will slip out of the top 4 after their loss.
 
Congrats to UVa :p
They are undoubtedly No. 1. Tony Bennett and his team are the masters of defense. They force you to play their game and UVa only had 4 turnovers, thus denying UNC any transition points.

NCAA tourney seeding/pairing to be revealed at 5pm. I look forward to the results but can't handle the lengthy process on TV.

Roger
 
Agreed on the drawn out selection shows of the past. I read somewhere that TBS is handling the bracket release this year and will announce all 68 teams in the 1st segment. Then they will break it down by brackets. The show appears to be 2 hours long though so this could be drawn out even more than the past shows on CBS.
 
I went to the KU -WVa game last night. Great game!! Did you hear that the white cloth we saw being tossed off the court was Devonte's shooting sleeve? One of the WVa thugs half way pulled it down his arm, Devonte ripped it the rest of the way off while dribbling and tossed it over the scorers table. The writer said it was like a gentleman being asked to fight, he calmly takes off his jacket and glasses, then beats the hell out of the opponent.
 
Kansas looked good. Again.

With UVa's offense kicking in (over 70 points again), I'm pretty pleased with them. UNC hung tough, but Virginia always had the answers. Coach Williams and Bennett appear to get along quite well.

I'll be skipping the TBS seed show since I know who will be the #1 seed. I'd love to see a UVa/Kansas championship because all I've basically watched this year is the ACC and Big 12.
 
Selection show starts shortly ...

I can see Sparty praying in the corner ... "Please, anybody but Middle Tennessee!" <G>
 
Kansas looked good. Again.

With UVa's offense kicking in (over 70 points again), I'm pretty pleased with them. UNC hung tough, but Virginia always had the answers. Coach Williams and Bennett appear to get along quite well.

I'll be skipping the TBS seed show since I know who will be the #1 seed. I'd love to see a UVa/Kansas championship because all I've basically watched this year is the ACC and Big 12.

UVa looked pretty damn good for the second best team in Virginia.:beatnik: If they survive in the dance longer than my Hokies, I switch allegiance to those Charlottesville frat boys.:D
 
UVa looked pretty damn good for the second best team in Virginia.:beatnik: If they survive in the dance longer than my Hokies, I switch allegiance to those Charlottesville frat boys.:D

I was explaining to my father-in-law last night how we lost to VT. At home. Because that is what VT does.

For those of you from Michigan, Alabama, or elsewhere, you need to understand that VT and UVa have an incredibly friendly rivalry. In my 1st year at UVa, we'd have all our VT friends (w/ the best 'shine in the world) show up for games and crash at the dorm.
 
I was explaining to my father-in-law last night how we lost to VT. At home. Because that is what VT does.

For those of you from Michigan, Alabama, or elsewhere, you need to understand that VT and UVa have an incredibly friendly rivalry. In my 1st year at UVa, we'd have all our VT friends (w/ the best 'shine in the world) show up for games and crash at the dorm.
And you Wahoos would be wearing blue blazers, tan slacks and Bass Weejuns while we Hokies would be wearing wearing flannel shirts, jeans and hiking boots. And you guys would have all your teeth.:D
 
I just reactivated last years Audiokarma Bracket game. I only have vague recollections of last years bracket game. I never said anything but I lost my mother during last year's tournament and was without power for 5 days the week before the tourney began.

I do recall the CBS site being quirkier than ever last year and Darcy not being able to get in, prompting a switch to Yahoo. I got an notification on my phone a little while ago inviting me to reactivate the Audiokarma bracket on Yahoo . I should have dug into this earlier, but I moved and changed jobs since last season and it was well down my todo list.

The good news is I am on vacation next week and once the signup process is over, my work is done. I think I have an email list of past participants, so I will invite anyone whose email I can find. If anyone else wants in, shoot me a PM (conversation) with the email you want to use and I will send you an invitation.
 
I just reactivated last years Audiokarma Bracket game. I only have vague recollections of last years bracket game. I never said anything but I lost my mother during last year's tournament and was without power for 5 days the week before the tourney began.

I do recall the CBS site being quirkier than ever last year and Darcy not being able to get in, prompting a switch to Yahoo. I got an notification on my phone a little while ago inviting me to reactivate the Audiokarma bracket on Yahoo . I should have dug into this earlier, but I moved and changed jobs since last season and it was well down my todo list.

The good news is I am on vacation next week and once the signup process is over, my work is done. I think I have an email list of past participants, so I will invite anyone whose email I can find. If anyone else wants in, shoot me a PM (conversation) with the email you want to use and I will send you an invitation.

Apparently you have been through a lot lately. I hope things go better this year!
Thanks for starting the bracket again. Guess I need to find my yahoo account :)
 
I just reactivated last years Audiokarma Bracket game. I only have vague recollections of last years bracket game. I never said anything but I lost my mother during last year's tournament and was without power for 5 days the week before the tourney began.

I do recall the CBS site being quirkier than ever last year and Darcy not being able to get in, prompting a switch to Yahoo. I got an notification on my phone a little while ago inviting me to reactivate the Audiokarma bracket on Yahoo . I should have dug into this earlier, but I moved and changed jobs since last season and it was well down my todo list.

The good news is I am on vacation next week and once the signup process is over, my work is done. I think I have an email list of past participants, so I will invite anyone whose email I can find. If anyone else wants in, shoot me a PM (conversation) with the email you want to use and I will send you an invitation.

Thank you!!! I am glad to be in a bracket game again!
 
Agreed on the drawn out selection shows of the past. I read somewhere that TBS is handling the bracket release this year and will announce all 68 teams in the 1st segment. Then they will break it down by brackets. The show appears to be 2 hours long though so this could be drawn out even more than the past shows on CBS.

i thought they did an excellent job with the two hour broadcast
 
OK, I have reservations about whether (cough,cough...) my Horns can make it into the Sweet Sixteen but Rick Barnes vs. Shaka Smart would be fun to see...
 
Back
Top Bottom