• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2220b recap and learning curve STILL BIAS ISSUES

I bought an inexpensive single channel handheld scope that had good reviews on Amazon. So far I really like it:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07XBL4BTL/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I also bought a function generator kit that arrived as a bag of parts with poorly translated instructions. I thought it was going to be a bear to put together, but it only took a couple hours and it works well:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C5UO8U6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I keep missing cheap units on CL. I missed a working 2230 for $75 the other day and a working 2220 for $50 this morning. Now I'm checking CL every half hour :D
 
My next tube project. Sansui 500a. Should be fun, it was in a damp humid open basement.
One tube had obviously redplated. Lot's of corroded sockets. Axials buried under other ptp parts. Unsoldering all those wrapped leads. Yuk. At least I have plenty of flux and spools wick
 
This small Marantz has bass. Plenty of bass too. I actually have to cut it back at lower volumes on FM especially. The Sanyo D330 regulator was causing all of my unstable bias and power supply problems. Now to order all of the P400 phono transistors. The oscillation went away on phono after replacing that regulator. Still have some pops only with phono.
I do believe the 2220b sounds better than the 2252b that I gave to my daughter. I suppose I should go ahead and recap the tuner. Then try to find someone to do a proper alignment on it.
I am pretty amazed considering the shape it was in for 60 bucks
 
Back
Top Bottom