• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2nd SoCal LA/OC/IE/SD AudioKarma Meet, Sat. August 27, 2011

An opportunity to meet others interested in audio? For too long my audio passion has been a solitary affair. I'll be there.
 
Last edited:
Monday Lunchy Bump! Good to have mccuskerkt and visman on board, welcome!

Keep telling your AK friends about this event. We'll keep building interest.
 
You know that listening to great audio gear is very thirsty business. Will a range of beverages be permitted at this event?

- Pete
 
I had a lot of fun meeting some of you guys at the last one, will be planning to attend this as well (hope I don't have to run sound at a wedding). I don't think I will drag out the Qysonics this time, that was too much uproar to the home system, but now I can show off some Karma Indignias for listening pleasure.
A schedule of listening is a great idea....
I would be interested in seeing a re-foam done in person. Have two candidates with foam not ever purchased lo these many years. Boston A40 series II and an RSL 8 inch 3 way.
Bryan
 
You know that listening to great audio gear is very thirsty business. Will a range of beverages be permitted at this event?

- Pete

Thirsty business indeed. I'm going to talk to the Senior Pastor this weekend about it. I'll know more after that but libations have been a consideration.

Rex, Higwaystar, narkleptic and Webb, good to have you on board!

The refoaming thing is an idea I've been thinking about, sort of like adult crafts with foam, glue, and a lazy susan! Add in some binder clips, shims, signal generator and we could have a whole class involved.

Maybe could consider soliciting some donations of surrounds and gaskets, or services from some AK mentioned speaker services?
 
what to bring, what to bring.... twin maggie 150s(30watts each) biamped thru Advent 2 way or the living room system- Vandersteen 3s powered by Adcom 555s (L100t3s as rear speakers):D
 
Thirsty business indeed. I'm going to talk to the Senior Pastor this weekend about it. I'll know more after that but libations have been a consideration.

Just ask him if a little oat soda would be OK.

The refoaming thing is an idea I've been thinking about, sort of like adult crafts with foam, glue, and a lazy susan! Add in some binder clips, shims, signal generator and we could have a whole class involved.

Maybe could consider soliciting some donations of surrounds and gaskets, or services from some AK mentioned speaker services?

Anybody have an in with Orange County Speaker?
 
Hey Bally,

Wanna fly on down for the weekend? I'm sure we can keep you entertained. Fly into Long Beach or LAX and its only 25 minutes from either.

Bart
 
Just found this thread, I'll have to check with my social coordinator but it sounds like a blast. I am on the LA west side so if at all possible I'll be there.
 
Analog, hope you can come, Cerritos Mall is close by for the other half, tho that might cut into your $$ for buying gear!

Also, Knott's and Disneyland are only about 20 minutes down the 91 and 5 freeways should the rest of the family need some fun too. AM tunes and PM Play if needed and better than trying to go Labor Day.
 
I'm mostly a lurker, but I'm in Socal and will make the show. I'd love to show off my Pioneer Exclusives if anyone would like to see/hear them. I'll watch this thread with much anticipation. :music:
 
Back
Top Bottom