• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

2nd SoCal LA/OC/IE/SD AudioKarma Meet, Sat. August 27, 2011

Another One In!

I went to the Buena Park show and had a great time!

Brought that crazy Kenwood receiver with the guitar input and the drum machine built in and it found a new owner.

Bought a Dyna FM-3 that only worked in mono, and still only works in mono (I'll get around to it someday).

So sold something I didnt use and bought something I dont use. And spent a whole day doing it.

Not really planning to bring a system (lotta competition there), but I've acquired some goodies since and I'll pick something weird.

In for a donation!

Jim in Valencia
 
Hey MrThrash,

Good to hear from you and welcome! Can't remember how many AK members are in the Valley and beyond so if you know of any, point them to this thread if they are interested in coming. I hope you can make it too and thanks for the donation committment.

And we'll bump for the Saturday garage sale folks.

Bart
 
Stable for now, delay in procedure till at least Monday or Tuesday.

Bump for end of Saturday garage sale crowd, was a lot of nice sales out there in OC, wonder who got stuff?
 
Hey, the date is coming up and there are a range of things that need to be locked down. If there is going to be a planning meeting and assignments handed out, it needs to be soon.

- Pete
 
Agreed, been distracted by daughter's hospitalization, but that seems to be clearing up. Hopefully coming home by Friday?

Anybody up for meeting on Saturday or Sunday, my house in La Habra or suitable lunch or dinner spot within 30 minutes drive? Hopefully take only a couple of hours tops.

Or we could grab food and meet at the church so can go over the facility and layout. that might be better?

Bart
 
Agreed, been distracted by daughter's hospitalization, but that seems to be clearing up. Hopefully coming home by Friday?

Anybody up for meeting on Saturday or Sunday, my house in La Habra or suitable lunch or dinner spot within 30 minutes drive? Hopefully take only a couple of hours tops.

Or we could grab food and meet at the church so can go over the facility and layout. that might be better?

Bart

Everyone get well first.:thmbsp:
 
Everyone get well first.:thmbsp:

Hi Sam, yes thanks for that. But we should get a meeting together to get details lined up. I'll be out of town from the 10th to the 16th and that's a big chunk of time.

So anyone have particular meeting needs, otherwise let's look at Saturday morning, afternoon or evening, or Sunday afternoon. The church will be available for those times. That way, we can devise physical layout and discuss options.

Lots of places to grab food nearby too if we want to talk over food and libation, or bring in.

Bart
 
We can probably work everything out in an hour or so. We need to get a look at the facility to get an idea beforehand on how to set it up. Are tables available or do we need to bring them in? Do you know the number and location of power outlets? We'll have to get an idea what's needed to string power to where people will set up.

- Pete
 
We can probably work everything out in an hour or so. We need to get a look at the facility to get an idea beforehand on how to set it up. Are tables available or do we need to bring them in? Do you know the number and location of power outlets? We'll have to get an idea what's needed to string power to where people will set up.

- Pete

I have some blueprints and we can do a visual scan of the wall. We will have plenty of tables to use depending on how we set up. A question will be if we will try to provide some isolation between setups.

OK, Saturday work for anyone else interested?
 
I have some blueprints and we can do a visual scan of the wall. We will have plenty of tables to use depending on how we set up. A question will be if we will try to provide some isolation between setups.

OK, Saturday work for anyone else interested?

Depending on what time, Sat works for me. However, I have to dodge 405 traffic.:thumbsdn:
 
Well, I'm open to any time but I suspect late morning or early afternoon would be best and get you back on the road before Sat. rush? But IME, the 405 these days, except for Carmageddon, is packed about anytime, right?
 
Late morning works for me. 10 or 11 AM? I'm in Long Beach just down the road from Cerritos. Can we meet at the church? Is it on Del Amo?

- Pete
 
Cerritos Baptist Church
11947 Del Amo Boulevard, Cerritos, CA 90703-7627

North side of street, if coming east on Del Amo, turn left at next side street and come back, no U-turns.

See ya guys there.

Bart
 
Back
Top Bottom