• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

3.1 Receiver upgrade for HT and 2.1ch listening

M50'sMike

Member
Hey Everybody,
Just purchased some JBL Synthesis Array 1000's to take the place of my JBL L166 Horizons, I've noticed there's not a whole lot of info on them, mainly the 1400's but nevertheless. One thing that seems to be apparent is that they will be more revealing than the l166's. So I am curious if there is a better receiver/ integrated amp out there than my Yamaha Rxv-3800 for my 3.1ch set up for home theatre, feal that it may be the weakest link. I have An Acurus 125x5 Amp for the Fronts and Center channel. And a Velodyne HGS 18 for my sub. I know that I won't be able to make use of ATMOS but curious of some gear that's great for 2ch as well as home theatre (4k Blu rays, streaming MQA, LDAC, etc.) Cause I do plan on going back to a 5.1 ch for home theatre eventually, but would still love to be able to stream qobuz from my phone and get the best audio possible from that. Also curious if anyone can educate me a little more about these Array 1000's! Thanks for your time guys!
 
Register to hide this ad
Back
Top Bottom