• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

3000a outputs??

jleon92f

Addicted Member
Hi,

I am working on a Sansui 3000A reciever, that has shorted outputs and blowe the fuses on (1) channel. Does anyone know the part # of these to make sure I get the correct replacement part.:scratch2:

Thanks,
John.:music::D
 
Register to hide this ad
Aren't they marked on the transistor bodies? I haven't had mine open in ages, don't remember what the part numbers are.
 
Hi,

One set says RCA 31143, the other set says 2SC1079? They are on the outside under the metal cover.

Thanks,
John.:music::D
 
2sc1079 should be the number you'll need to find them The RCAs sound like replacements. It wouldn't surprise me if the drivers were damaged, too. Those are usually cheap, so it's cheap insurance.

Has this unit had the output stability mod done? If not, do that first before toasting any more semiconductors.
 
2sc1079 should be the number you'll need to find them The RCAs sound like replacements. It wouldn't surprise me if the drivers were damaged, too. Those are usually cheap, so it's cheap insurance.

Has this unit had the output stability mod done? If not, do that first before toasting any more semiconductors.

How do I know if it has been done?

Thanks,
John.:music::D
 
There are many ONSEMI NPN TO-3 transistors which will do the job in there, like MJ15024's which are way over spec, but I have them in my 3000A, I just had them on hand so I used them, they work just fine.....
 
How do I know if it has been done?

Thanks,
John.:music::D

Download the service manual (the link can easily be found through a search for "Sansui 3000a") and read the TSB included in the scan. It's very obvious if it has or hasn't been done.
 
Service manual says that the output transistors are B-170007. According to Woodang/Stene, they can be substituted with 2SC1116A, but that one is probably equally impossible to find, but it wil give you an indication of what substitutes to look for.

BRds Klaus
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom