• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

4 channel listening...Jesus Crites!

angelaudio

Super Member
Was perusing AK one day when I came across the Haffler effect. Well, I tried it except that Instead of hooking up all speakers together I used Y cables to split the source to two amps so I could control volume separately for rear and front. I must say I am BLOWN AWAY. It’s bringing so much more depth and detail out of CD’s...haven’t tried it with vinyl as my source but I will soon.

Anybody else run 4 speakers? If so how do you set them up? I have my La Scalas 9’ away from me and 7’ apart from each other toe slightly in. For the rears a pair of lowly CS-33a’s laid on their sides at my eat level facing me. Running the front with a Marantz 170DC and the rears with a lowly 25 watt Yamaha natural sound amp.

I don’t think I can ever go back to 2-channel after this...tighter bass, more detail and depth.
 
Register to hide this ad
Acoustics are fun, aren't they?
I imagine most who've been at this for some time have tried something similar.

For my part, I was impressed by running more directional speakers as "fronts", with open baffles off to side, set back a few feet, volume on the lower side.
 
Back
Top Bottom