• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

6P1 tube question

LoStrings

Active Member
I have a B&K Dyna Jet 606 tube tester, and I’m trying to figure out what settings to use for a 6P1 tube. Can anyone help?
 
Register to hide this ad
If it had a drop in replacement you could use those settings to get an idea of the health of that tube, but since there isn't one, that's going to be difficult.
 
The 6AQ5 is electrically the same I believe, but you would need to make a socket adaptor to test the 6P1 as a 6AQ5. There are plenty of Russian 6P1P's available pretty cheap though.
 
I think I just threw away what looked like a 7 pin plug. I think it was missing a pin. It could have been part of some sort of DIN plug, but it looked more like the size of a tube socket, and it was from a bunch of "vintage" parts.

It would have been easy to make an adapter.

The other option is to use a 9 pin plug to make an adapter, and test it as a 6CM6. 9 pin tube-socket-compatible plugs seem to be readily available.

With the rise of the Chi-Fi amp, and the (mentioned) availability of 6п1п's, such an adapter may not be a bad thing to have around.

You can always use a dead tube as a plug, you'd just have to do something (carefully) to remove or prevent contact with sharp glass. It needs to be physically and electrically safe.
 
Back
Top Bottom