• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

6v6 SE?

Lavane

Lunatic Member
I have an old 6V6 PP mono amp and was thinking of using the chassis and PT to build a small SE. All the holes needed are there, I have extra 6v6's, why not?
The rectifier used was a 5Y3-GT. The trany should work, ya?
 

Attachments

  • DSC00389.jpg
    DSC00389.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC00387.jpg
    DSC00387.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC00390.jpg
    DSC00390.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
Power tranformer, yes, depending on what driver/front end tubes you pick. The output tranformer, not so much. You'll need room for a new pair of them, plus possibly a choke or two. Could start getting a little crowded...
 
+1 on the OPT,,, if you find you don't have use for the PP output tx orphan, shoot me a message... we may both get a project out of this guy!
 
+1 on the OPT,,, if you find you don't have use for the PP output tx orphan, shoot me a message... we may both get a project out of this guy!

Will do! I would be getting a new pair along with a choke. I figured I would just use a couple 12ax7's for drivers. It had a 12au7A and a 12at7. I have a few new 9pin sockets to replace the old ones. Now to find a schematic to go of of. :D
 
Look on Tom Bavis' website,, Audiophool,,, hes got a cool little 6AQ5 amp on there that I built with a 6SL7 driver, and a 6BW4 rectifier that I had,,, sounds very good!!!! 6V6 will drop right in to that schem...
Have fun!!!
 

Attachments

  • PA270048.jpg
    PA270048.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 27
Back
Top Bottom