• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

70's ESS AMT Monitors....Anybody know these?

Just picked up a pair yesterday with alnico drivers. Even though I only have a 35 wpc sansui 771 running them they completely fill my main floor with sound. Absolutely incredible speakers, detailed and powerful, I can't wait to hook them up to something with more power to really blow the doors off my house. 1.5" thick cabinets, it's like knocking on an oak tree, and weighing at around 200lbs each it feels like it too when I brought them in! There's no bad position to listen to these as it truly feels like the music is coming from every angle. They make my klipsch fortes sound boring in comparison
nCZX4G5.jpg
 
Last edited:
Wow, where did you get them? I've never seen that model before. ESS speakers are some of the best there are.
 
Local sale, the guy I bought them from said they'd beat the brakes off lascalas and altec model 19's so I had to check them out cause those are my bucketlist speakers. Now I cannot make that direct comparison myself because I haven't heard them before, but I will say that they are incredible. The way the Heil tweeters are arranged disperses the sound everywhere. He got them from an estate sale it kind of rough shape, he re-foamed them and stained the cabinets and made sure everything's working as it should.
 
I guess I forgot the model name, these are the ESS AMT6 Heil Professionals
Hifisaac: First, welcome to AK. You will find many here that follow the ESS Heil products. I have never seen or heard a pair of AMT 6s. I'm sure there are other AK members that own them. I have seen a few owners post about them on the Facebook ESS Owners thread. Was wondering if yours came with grills? Some use them. Some don't. Enjoy.

ESS AMT 6 specs photo.JPG
 
Last edited:
Hifisaac: First, welcome to AK. You will find many here that follow the ESS Heil products. I have never seen or heard a pair of AMT 6s. I'm sure there are other AK members that own them. I have seen a few owners post about them on the Facebook ESS Owners thread. Was wondering if yours came with grills? Some use them. Some don't. Enjoy.

View attachment 2243875
They do have grills yes, 7/10 condition. 3 out of the 4 are in good shape but one of the bottoms grills has some cosmetic adjustments made by the original owners cat. I leave the grills on when I'm not actively listening to them because I have cats and a curious 3 year old that likes pushing in dust cones haha
 
Wow! First time ever seeing the AMT6. Would love to stumble across a set. I really enjoy my AMT 1a's, but I can imagine the sound the AMT6's can deliver!
 
Back
Top Bottom