• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

$9,390 for a Cassette Deck?

Register to hide this ad
Pimp city! Bling-a-ding ding! If it was a turntable I'd buy it to play all of my gold records on it. Did record companies ever give gold cassettes for selling more than 100,000 copies on cassette?
 
Limited Computing Cassette Deck, I want the full computing cassette deck. This one seems to be described as defective from the start and no possibility of return.
 
Well, it is awfully purty... although I'd want all the buttons for my $9,390 :scratch2::scratch2:
 
It looks like Nakamichi's first venture into cassette decks that did double duty as microwave ovens. That must be worth a bit extra, not to mention the Pimp My Ride finish.
 
See, it's not just the 9000+ you'd have to pay for this, god knows what you'll have to pay for the matching components so it won't look out of place!
 
I doubt it even functions fully.

They are 30 plus years old know and with 300 plus capacitors they are bound to need work.

They were $10000 new but now I'd say $2500 is more than fair unless rebuilt and 100% cosmetically and functionally.

I sold the black one I had on ebay and that's when I learned not to sell electronics there. Oh well.

Good luck to him.

Eric
 
Well, it is sometimes nice to see someone with a good sense of humour. Peter Sellers had a 1000ZXL but traded it in for a ZX9.

I think he is going to need a lot of Good Luck.
 
And it is more than just a casette deck. Probably the finest deck Nak ever made. But for that cash, I'd want a full ESL rebuild.
 
Doing some Googling I found a forum in which an OP asked whether it was worth paying $2,500 for the identical gold-plated Nak deck that was unopened, NIB. That was ~ 9 years ago and one respondant even replied that it was way too much. Most the others did feel it was well worth it though. It appears the OP did indeed execute the transaction for the $2,500.

No doubt one of the finest, if not the finest cass deck of all time but the format has more or less gone by way of the buggy whip.

Checked the seller's other items - he's got a lot of cassette decks for sale.
 
Back
Top Bottom