• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

9090 dial lamp bypass procedure

The snap click on the red wire on my unit was difficult to remove from it's slot. Pulling on the wire whilst depressing the clip was a task. I believe that the connector was unusually snug which made depressing the keeper while pulling work against me. I suggest pushing the wire in slightly before depressing the clip allowing the keeper to clear for removal. Insert red wire in open slot oriented correctly for clip and then return to previous pins. Easy peasy (kinda)
 
The snap click on the red wire on my unit was difficult to remove from it's slot. Pulling on the wire whilst depressing the clip was a task. I believe that the connector was unusually snug which made depressing the keeper while pulling work against me. I suggest pushing the wire in slightly before depressing the clip allowing the keeper to clear for removal. Insert red wire in open slot oriented correctly for clip and then return to previous pins. Easy peasy (kinda)
 
Yes I did that switch to keep all lights on when in operation little more than a year ago. Just waiting for the right time to send off receiver for a complete restoration.
 
Another happy 9090 owner

This took all of 5 minutes and the result is just outstanding. Dial lamps on all the time. So happy, thanks to AK!

Being a poker player in the early 2000s I learned to hate AK. In vintage hifi, AK is the nuts. :)
Only yesterday I purchased 8080,it's great sounding machine, this week I will try to bypass the light set up. Let's see.
 
easy deal

Here is the pic to do that mod, works great..the plug pictured is just inboard of the selector switch..I used this on my 990 as well, thx AK
Casey :thmbsp:
I have done it successfully, quite easy but it took a lot of time to pulling out the wire from the connector.
 
Back
Top Bottom