• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

9090DB, only tape 2 works

Avionic was right! My Dolby switch shaft had become disconnected. I must have dislodged it when reassembling after the initial pinning of the Dolby board because it rotated when I cleaned it first time through. The plastic ring that secures the shaft had cracked so it easily slid in and out.

I then traced an intermittent channel drop to a solder joint connecting the Dolby board to the Dolby volume switches. Just got a restored osciliscope off eBay and this was great project to start the learning process.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6308.JPG
    IMG_6308.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_6309.JPG
    IMG_6309.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_6310.JPG
    IMG_6310.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_6304.JPG
    IMG_6304.JPG
    103.3 KB · Views: 9
Back
Top Bottom