• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

a/d/s/ L910s on the 'Bay for $2100

Register to hide this ad
deletable. post wasn't relevant.


Not sure what you mean. Link not working for you?



The link is for an active auction on eBay.

For sale- a pair of a/d/s/ listed at $2100 or best offer.

100% feedback seller. Claimed refurb. Stands included. Also rare LED meters in place on the front panel. Shipped via pallet at $285. Seller away to November 9, 2009. Item will ship after that date.
 
Last edited:
Not sure what you mean. Link not working for you?



The link is for an active auction on eBay.

For sale- a pair of a/d/s/ listed at $2100 or best offer.

100% feedback seller. Claimed refurb. Stands included. Also rare LED meters in place on the front panel. Shipped via pallet at $285. Seller away to November 9, 2009. Item will ship after that date.
i was going to comment on what i thought was a 'high' price for the speakers but then realized i know nothing of them or their value. :dunno:
 
Oh- got confused.

Typical price is about a quarter to third of this, but I'm seeing some odd HiFi prices as of late.

Weak dollar? Overseas buyers? Vinyl resurgence in popularity?


Anyhoo, still too steep forcme but they do have the LED panels and the stands and look very clean.

I wonder if Richard So rebuilt all the drivers?
 
I would say $800. A few weeks back a 1590 was sold for a bit over $800...
Than again, as Paul said, the "market" is crazy now and there are no real trends. Prices fro speakers, rceivers, etc. are all over the place.
 
I would say $800. A few weeks back a 1590 was sold for a bit over $800...
Than again, as Paul said, the "market" is crazy now and there are no real trends. Prices fro speakers, rceivers, etc. are all over the place.

Dang it - I passed after audition of a pair for $300 last year, same exact speaker with stands blah blah. Maybe it was the crappy BPC Sony amp but they didn't sound good'nuf to replace anything. I should have bought them for flip.....


Cheers,

Bob
 
compared with JBL 4350 and L300 VERY HIGH END ACCUSTICS

Pull the woofers out of the JBL's and compare to the ADS. I'll take the JBL's.

At lease the domes aren't caked in fibers and cat's hair. The often look like tennis balls.
 
Dang it - I passed after audition of a pair for $300 last year, same exact speaker with stands blah blah. Maybe it was the crappy BPC Sony amp but they didn't sound good'nuf to replace anything. I should have bought them for flip.....


Cheers,

Bob

For $300, I'd take them...to flip.
 
Great speaker, however the appearance is not that good to command that price.

Yep. "Refurbed" to me means the stands don't have big scratches on them, screw heads are not rusty, and the general layer of smeg is cleaned off the front baffles.
 
I've had most of these. The L-910 II's and the L-980's are the only ones still here.

As to JBL, I love my JBL's, however two different design camps at work here. Both do different things well. Me, I enjoy apples AND oranges.......:D

Best,

Paul :thmbsp:

I second that opinion! Wouldn't trade my 4312's or L810's for anything except a next step up for each!!!:smoke:
 
I dunno every model that used cast or stamped woofers in the a/d/s/ line, but I was disappointed that the L1230s, no matter how truly impressive and downright awesome they sounded, sported stamped woofers.

The L1290 and L1590 and perhaps L1090 sported thick, beefy (macho, even) cast frame woofers.
 
I dunno every model that used cast or stamped woofers in the a/d/s/ line, but I was disappointed that the L1230s, no matter how truly impressive and downright awesome they sounded, sported stamped woofers.

The L1290 and L1590 and perhaps L1090 sported thick, beefy (macho, even) cast frame woofers.

Prior to the L880, L980, L1090, L1290, & L1590, no model in the ADS speaker line had cast frames.

The closest they got were some early Braun L810, and the LV1020. (The LV1020 basket appearing much later in modified form in the Braun SW2, ADS L980, SW5, & SUB12.)

Yay trivia!

:banana:
 
Dang it - I passed after audition of a pair for $300 last year, same exact speaker with stands blah blah. Maybe it was the crappy BPC Sony amp but they didn't sound good'nuf to replace anything. I should have bought them for flip.....
 
Dang it - I passed after audition of a pair for $300 last year, same exact speaker with stands blah blah. Maybe it was the crappy BPC Sony amp but they didn't sound good'nuf to replace anything. I should have bought them for flip.....

I remember when you passed on them at that price and was a bit surprised.
 
I've had most of these. The L-910 II's and the L-980's are the only ones still here.

As to JBL, I love my JBL's, however two different design camps at work here. Both do different things well. Me, I enjoy apples AND oranges.......:D

Best,

Paul :thmbsp:

Paul
I wonder what you liked better in the 980 vs. the 1290? I have both and still can't decide what I like more in one or the other. The one thing whizh puzzles me is that the 1290 goes supposedly lower in the bass but actually I hear/feel the bass going lower with the 980. Like them both to be honest.
 
Back
Top Bottom